[Resolved] Yes! Communities / lease altered without my knowledge and getting hurt on their property due to blatant negligence with no follow up

5 Jacksonville, AL, United States

Right before I moved into the mobile home my porch and side steps were replaced however instead of the old lumber and debris being properly disposed of everything was left strew around the side and back yard. Within a week of moving I had a notice on my door about violation of lease due because I had things that I was moving into the house that wouldn't fit through the door and was outside. When I received this so called notice I let the compliance manager know that while they are worried about my items being seen there is still large amounts of debris all over the yard and broken glass by the front door. I was promised on 3 different occations that this would get picked however it was not until after I got hurt. I tripped over one of the sticks that was covered up by leaves ( the lumber was left by a big tree) and fell. The area where I just so happened to fall at was more construction debris resulting in one of the boards with rusty nails was shoved into my thigh so deeply that ENT could not remove it and I was rushed to the DR to have a procedure done to have the board removed. The following morning all of the debris was cleaned where I fell however did not bother cleaning anything up on the other side of the house. No one from the front called to see if I was ok even though they were aware of the incident. While injured I received paperwork for an eviction with the rent amount on this copy of the lease being different then the lease I signed and had my own copy of. So I guess it's ok to just change the rent amount as it suits the office? Once I saw this I did fight the eviction to request the correct amount of rent shown and was waiting for documents from the courts to show exactly how much I was due. I did not receive any of mail until the 15th because even though I asked for my mail to be held it was still being stuffed in my mailbox. My heart sank when I saw that the letter that I was waiting on was in this pile of mail that has been being stuffed in my mailbox with no way of getting any of this mail until I flagged down the mail lady. I wake up this morning with a 24 hour notice. I don't want to go the route of suing but if this eviction isn't lifted and I am not compensated with what I feel is a fair amount of rent due everything I have gone through in such a short time living in this community. I have had conversations with multiple lawyers that are waiting to take the case I am hoping that this gets prompt attention so that I don't have to turn to media outlet and my attorney. I have documentation of everything that was discussed in this complaint included but not limited to hard copy of the altered docs, digital video and pictures of the incident and my leg. I want to work this out amicably with the corporate yes community as I don't trust the office staff that altered my paperwork/lease. If I don't get a reply back by 3pm est today 3-19 I will be forced to go to my lawyer

• Resolution statement

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Mar 19, 2018

Please provide us with the name of the community and your name so that we can follow-up with the appropriate regional management team in regards to your concerns.

Thank You.

• Updated by Luba Brock, Mar 19, 2018

The name of the community is The Breakers. My name is Lyubov Brock

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Mar 19, 2018

Thank you for this information. We have passed your concerns onto the community and regional management team of The Breakers and someone should be following up with you shortly.

• Updated by Luba Brock, Mar 19, 2018

I hope it wasn't passed on to the manager at the breakers as that is who altered the lease. Thank you

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Mar 19, 2018

The district manager attempted to contact you through the phone number listed on your resident account. She was unable to reach you and didn't have the option to leave a voicemail. If you wish to work to resolve any outstanding issues please call the District Manager back at 904-638-3088 or you can contact the Regional Manager at 904-693-2707.

Lu