Yellow Pages / not holding their side of deal

1 Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I posted an ad in yellow pages for my small landscaping business, after about an hour of meeting with one of thier sales reps who came to my house. We went back and forth on what he wanted to set me up with and what I wanted to pay for. I eventually agreed to place my main ad in the Landscaping section, with an additional listing in Ponds, Fountains, and Water Gardens. Needless to say, I got the landscaping part, but not the water gardens part. I phoned in to complain about this, and right away the person on the phone said that the reason it didnt go through is because my number is a cell phone number and they cant use cellphone numbers for additional listings. I mentioned that the additional listing is directly on the agreement that I signed, and he could see that, and agreed with me. However, he said he would initiate an "investigation" (although we just figured out what happened in 2 minutes), and would get back to me within 21 business days. Months later, I have not received this call. I am getting tempted to stop paying my monthly 110.65, but I'm sure they'll try to collect and I'd rather it didnt go sour like that or it might affect my credit. Not happy with how they didnt meet their side of the deal here mainly due to salesperson ignorance and how I'm stuck with it.

Ja

Comments

• Re
      28th of Jan, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.

14th of Feb, 2010

Yellow pages Australia are exactly the same!
    I signed up with yellow pages at the start of November 09 and the Ad still is not right! and when you try to get things sorted they just give you the run around "oh so sorry, I'll try and chase that up for you, " or "the person who is hanling that said that they fixed it" and then they expect to be paid! and not even a proof sent out first!
    I have spent more time sending well crafted emails to them, so as not to be too rude, and to which they dont respond, and all the while I have not had a single job through them! and not one call from the online ad either!

Does any one have a number to call the head office??

• Be
      30th of Apr, 2010

Hi Don't bother calling head office. I called them so many times. I've even rung Heather Williams who is off the apprentice and she hardly helped at all. They can't organise their way out of a paper bag at that company. I think everyone should stop advertising in there and they wouldn't have a business and it's a rip off. What results have you had? We are still locked in claims, and their"investigation" is absolute lies. They lie for each other and try to cover their tracks. Let me know how you went. I am in WA and I think if there's enough of us out there we should band together to get a lawyer between us and ask for compensation as well. We haven't had any work since our new ad went in. It's a disgrace.
    Thanks for listening
    BecB

• Dw
      2nd of Jan, 2012

I agree they stole away my dream ...lies, deceit, false advertising, made up stats, and now their sending dog the bounty hunter round for payment ...hope they come see me ..