XM radio / Misleading offer
I have been an XM subscriber for several years now and listen to XM via the car's receiver (both of my cars have it so I have a multiple user account) when on the road, or via the online service when at home or work. I have broadband connections and so the online service sounded relatively ok at the high speed rate. I was notified in February 2009 that on March 11, the online service would no longer be part of my package. However, if I agreed to sign on for another 3 years at this offer time, I could continue to receive online content. So I did and my credit card was billed.
After March 11, I went to the XM online site and went to my favorite music station. This time, the music sounded horrible and realized that I was listening to it at the lower data rate. When I went to switch to the higher rate (as before), I was told that the higher rate required additional fees! I was not told of this in the original offer and the quality of the lower data rate is unacceptable.
More XM radio Complaints & Reviews
- Sirius XM - lifetime membership trap 
- Sirius Satellite Radio - consumers beware of sirius radio! 
- XM radio - Billed for services which never received! 
- Sirius Radio Canada - Poor service - illegal credit card charges 
- Sirius XM Radio - harassment 
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime service scam
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime subscription scam 
- SiriusXM - life time subscriber switching service to a new radio after 3 tries
- Sirius XM - xm radio service
- Sirius XM Radio - bait and switch selling practices