Xbox / customer support

63 prairie falcon
Aliso Viejo
I called X-Box so called customer support to get a repair for my console and was told that I needed to have the power supply available to troubleshoot it. I had already gone through the steps with another rep past and I said, no, I know what I need, I just need this fixed. I told her furthermore that I had already been through the whole troubleshooting page on Xbox.com and she still refused. I then asked to be escalated to a supervisor. The supervisor was even worse and she tried to treat me like a little child with her tone of voice, like I was stupid and she was smart. This really infuriated me but I kept myself very collected and told her that I'd already been over this like 1000 times with the service rep. Guess what she said next?!!? She said, sir I read the notes I don't think its been 1000 yet. She was being a smartass and this sent me over the edge, I asked her one more time to help me and she said that she would not help me get my xbox repaired and now there are notes on my name. I hung up on her. That was the worst customer service experience I've ever had from someone who considers themselves to be a supervisor-level employee. I've never wanted someone to be written-up more than this lady. I wish there was some way to let the person whom she reports to know how she is to customers. Don't buy X-Box because if you ever need assistance you'll only find grief!!!

N  15th of Nov, 2007 by

Xbox - Unbuyable
United Kingdom

All the new game that come out are always on xbox 360 or ps3 always new consoles never on ps2 or normal xbox why not it isnt fair they should be on all consoles.
N  17th of Nov, 2007 by
No matter what people try to say There is more profit with the new system so thats what will be developed.

Why waste time making a game for a system that win make money!
D  29th of Nov, 2007 by
The one constant in the video game market and video game wars is the death of older systems. As technology advances and bigger, better things can be done, developers and publishers rely more on new systems for better games and more revenue.
Is it fair? Only in the sense that the game developers are able to provide us (usually) with higher-quality games. It's not entirely fair to consumers when console manufacturers cram their systems full of all sorts of expensive, high-end equipment and force us to pay ridiculous price tags to jump on the new wagon. Game consoles that can keep the lower price tag will be more appealing.

I feel your pain with the latest batch of new consoles, as two of the three require an upgrade to more than the game console itself, often requiring high-definition televisions to make the games playable, but again, as technology advances, so must we. I doubt you're still playing NES games on a nine inch black and white television. That generation died a long time ago.

New games are not made for old systems because those systems cannot handle the games. If you want new games, you need a new system. If you want to keep playing on your old system(s), then take the time to find the best games for your system(s) that have been released already.
N  1st of May, 2008 by

Xbox - Disc scratched by console

When playing guitar hero 3 legends of rock fo xbox 360 my console scratched the disc. the disc is now unreadable and i have contacted the retailer who said it is microsoft or your responsibility to replace the broken product. i have tried microsoft who claim no responsibility and were most unhelpful. they say it is your responsibility to replace the damaged item. i hope you will be more helpfull than them.
looking forward to a positive solution to my problem.
N  6th of Jun, 2008 by

Xbox - pulling the plug on live

I have been playing xbox live for some time now.. and most games dont give you the chance to plug because there is no reason.. but NBA live does.. i dont know how many times ive been winning a game late in the 4 n lose the connection.. after everything workin fine before then.. or with 8 sec.s left the other player pause n "lose connection" . it makes it so i dont even want to play.. whats the sense if u can plug.. they should either lose the game.. or some type of rating be by their name to show if they plug.. whether its on purpose or not.. because who wants to play someone that is going to plug if they lose.. or usually have a bad connection??
N  17th of Oct, 2008 by
ordered xbox, never shipped !!! payed with credit card.
A  8th of Nov, 2008 by
when i got guitar hero the wirrless plug was not in there
A  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
i had a supervisor hang up on me cause i asked to speak to his boss, what they did was have me send in my hard drive and it turned out that it wasn't the problem it was the console again so i had to send that in as well now they received the hard drive on the 9th and said they would be sending it out and to call in about 3-5 business days and get the tracking number today i called for the third time and they still haven't shipped it they said they didn't know anything about it on my first call and i told them i was going to take them to court cause i had the confirmation from ups that they received it and amazingly they found it, the second time i called they said the same thing but that it was being processed and that i have to call back in about 3-5 days to get the tracking number. i just called them again and they said that it wasn't shipped and to call back in another 3-5 days again to get the tracking number. it was their mistake and i get screwed for it THE HELL WITH XBOX
N  20th of May, 2009 by
Just Leave Microsoft Alone They Are Crooks.
Disrespectful Customer Support
Xbox Live Rip Off's They Won't Give You Your Money Back.
Xbox 360 Severe Hardware Failue Issues RROD Which Microsoft Lies About Changing The Chip They Just Rename it.

Get a PS3
Sony Cares About You.
N  16th of Jun, 2009 by
yeah get a ps3, much better and more reliable. unless ofcourse you want to play Halo 3 live with a head mic and street fighter with ryu, then the xbox is my choice. good luck to you though sir and stay strong baby...LIGHT WIEGHT!!
A  27th of Jun, 2009 by
N  11th of Sep, 2009 by
Use a disc doctor! I swear, it fixed all my games that got damaged by my 360. A little tip, lay your Xbox flat on the ground, and use a cooler for it. When you have the Box standing straight up, it can make horrible scratches if it wobbles even a little bit.
N  27th of Mar, 2010 by
I contacted customer support last month and this month to cancel service. All I wanted to do was to have my credit card number removed. Needless to say no one at customer support can do this. The website does not let you do this either. I finally found out that there is an 'escalation team' that can do this and it takes up to five days to have your card number removed. I will NEVER recommend XBox, Zune or anyother product from them. And the topper of all this...they won't refund my money this month after cancelling the service over 30 days ago. Can you say RIPOFF!
N  10th of Jul, 2010 by

Xbox - bill
Salt Lake City

I was charged $21.36 on june 4 and 5. i have not ordered anything in the passed on xbox live what is this for?????
N  23rd of Dec, 2010 by

Xbox - fraudulant charges

there are two charges on my account for 74.99 and i have not purchesed andything from or off of my exbox at all and these charges need to be removed
N  27th of Apr, 2011 by
unauthorized charges to my account.
N  26th of Jul, 2011 by

Xbox - account hacked
New York

my account was hacked and my credit card was chaged 21.59$ six times. 28.59 80.99 and 43.19 all on the date of tuesday july 26 2011
N  18th of Apr, 2012 by
it charged me $9.99 for a xboxlive when there was nothing purchased.
N  17th of Jul, 2012 by
N  30th of Jul, 2012 by

Xbox - Charges to credit card
Liz Vance
16570 Hwy. 51 N
Phone: 6622268848

Called XBox abt 2 months ago and told them to delete my credit card number from their records so I could not be charged anymore
for Xbox, of course they did not...this months bill I got today, has 4 (19.99) monthly charges on it plus $l44.22 in additional charges for games or whatever...this is totally crazy...I have had to completely cancel this credit card because of XBOX...why can't you just do as you are asked????

Microsoft Corporation Logo Microsoft Corporation