I purchased a wig from Wowafrican.com that cost $287. I ordered unit number GFL12, natural color in 18 inches (ordered July 4th, 2015). There is a HUGE problem with the texture. The wig that was sent to me is a silky, wavy wig with some straight pieces. The wig that I paid for was clearly an African coarse highly textured, tightly curled wig. I did file a claim against this company, the reason I decided to file is because after reading extensive reviews, it was stated that personal emails dealing with this matter are over looked and customers whom sent back their wigs where either never refunded, never created or an exchange unit was never sent out. Plus, I wanted all communication to be documented so there would be no smoke and mirrors. Wowafrican emailed my personal account and said that they would be willing to exchange, I opted out of an exchange from WowAfrican.comseveral reasons.
1. When I asked you where this wig was shipping from, you deceptively told me from the USA. When in fact, the wig shipped from China.
2. There is such a vast difference in textures that I am apprehensive about making another purchase with WOWAFRICAN.
3. The independent reviews on this wig that are not posted on your site are telling. The majority of the people that purchased this wig reported that the texture that was sent was a "wavy wig" NOT "kinky curly".
4. I ordered a "natural colored" wig, on your site it says that your natural colored wig is the same color that is used as your display picture. WOWAFRICAN sent me a chocolate brown wig that is no where near the color of the image you have displayed on your website. When you emailed me through my personal account you even admitted that you sent me a BROWN wig. "Natural Color" is nearly black, it is a very very dark brown/black and that is not what you sent me.
5. The wig you sent me was merely set on curlier rods to make it appear curly, it was never processed by your factory to be a kinky curly coarse wig. When I wet the wig to get it ready for a shampoo bath, all the rod set curls came out and the straight wavy textured reered it's ugly head. It's just like if you or a person with straight hair rolls their hair with rollers to fake a curly hair style for the day, as soon as they wet their hair their straight texture becomes, well straight again. That's exactly what happened to this hair. Kinky curly hair never goes straight, it always maintains its curl unless you heat or chemically straighten it.
Please don't buy this hair if you are looking for a kinky textured wig. This wig is silky and wavy as soon as it hits moisture.