www.bookmyshow.com / False advertising

1 India Review updated:

I received an SMS from my credit card provider (ICICI Bank) that if I use the website www.bookmyshow.com and my ICICI credit card to buy a movie ticket, I would get another movie ticket free. So it was a classic "buy one, get one free" deal. So I went and booked a ticket using my ICICI card on the website.

Unfortunately, my card was charged for both the tickets. When I called the customer service (who I got hold off after almost a 30 minute wait), he rudely said that I did not follow the instructions on the web site. I told him that I used the ICICI card and as such I should have gotten one ticket free. But he was persistent that I did not click on some buttons on the web site and he was surprised that I even got the tickets.

So buyer beware!! This site is a fraud!! And do not use this site.

Satish

78 Pali Hill, 21 Maria Apts
Bandra (W) Mumbai 400050

Comments

6th of Feb, 2008

Hi dear, This offer is applicable only for ICICI Platinum, Titanium & Signature cards.

• Gu
      6th of Jun, 2008

I hold a gold card and the offer was valid for me. The catch is that you have to book 3 tickets and u get the 3rd ticket free. This is mentioned in thier terms and conditions, but I agree that its cheating, since its not buy one get one free.

• Va
      7th of Jun, 2008

I would disagree with it as I am using this offer. Actually before making payment one has to provide the card number in the ICICI promotion box and then the amount automatically gets reduced !

• Mi
      7th of Aug, 2008

Well in my case the story is slightly different . I booked my ticket vide reference # Id: CXSN0000266659 . I was entitled for Cash Back from Barclays but understand that it was just a gimmick and stunt to lure ppl especially victimise the Barclay Card members BY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS ABOUT CASHBACK.When contacted customer care they give lame responses which made no sense at all.
    I sent repeated reminder but none bothers to even respond after that.

I am planning to take this one step further..and its not matter of money but unfair business practices that enrages me more.I think such fraudulent and cheating companies should shut their shop rather than cheating innocent customers.

Also it happend the same with me..I got an email stating i did not follow the links .I am not a lamer I am a techie myself..but they just take ppl for granted and caveat their fraudulent tactics by some wierd / non -sensical...excuses..

also refer to this link https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/wwwbookmyshowcom-c36189.html

• Bo
      11th of Dec, 2015

Hi Satish!

Your concern is important to us

The offers listed on our website in.bookmyshow.com have to be availed only by applying for them on the payment page in the “Avail, discount & offers”

In regards to the offer, we are the carriers of the offer and the terms and conditions are set by the concerned source.

You may refer the below link and get acquainted for the said offer:

We do understand that you wanted to avail the offer for this transaction, but would be unable to make any changes for the already booked and confirmed tickets. However, you need not be disheartened as the offer is still ongoing and you can avail it on your future transactions with Bookmyshow.

Thank you for being our valuable customer.

Regards,
    Team BookMyShow​

Please Note: Bookmyshow does not look for any bank details or card numbers from its customers. Request you to not share any confidential details to any anyone claiming to be BookMyShow representative.​