Woodforest National Bank / awful bank

Wal-mart who proudly services Woodforest National Banks in their super centers has once again found a way to screw the "American Public!" Two years ago I went an opened a second chance checking at the bank and opened both a personal and a business account. The business, being seperate from my personal with it's own EIN and LLC documents and company name, mailing address, phone, ect. Due to a large amount of NSF checks returned to my business account, Woodforest took it upon themselves to transfer everything in my pesonal account to my business saying they could "legally do that". Then my personal account became overdrawn due to checks that were out! I was so furious, that when I closed my business, that year, I filed for personal and business bankruptcy! Last week I had to go to their bank to cash a check that was drawn on them, not only did they keep my check, they refused to give it back to me when they told me they were collecting on an old debt! That they could legally do that! It didn't matter to them that I had no groceries and no gas to drive back. My children were with me and it was the most horrible thing I have ever had to encounter! I thought that was why in opening businesses we get LLC and EIN numbers and why when we file bankrutpcy "we are protected"... Way to go Wal-mart! This bank also charges the Blue Collar American Worker, $3 daily as their accounts stay overdrawn! Wow, if you are paid once a month, that really adds up... Is this legal? Stay away from this bank! AND STAY AWAY FROM WAL-MART! Sam never wanted his store to be part of scams or fraud to the Americans he loved so much!

Be

Comments

• Wi
      21st of Dec, 2009

Unfortunetly that information is provided to you in the disclosures you got when you opened the accounts. All banks do this. It's called "right of offset."

• Re
      9th of Jun, 2010

Sounds like you have some spending problems. It was the Bank, nor Walmart - making you spend $$ you didn't have. That is why you should budget your money. When you spend $$ you don't have, yes, you will get fees. And yes, they (all banks) have the right to "Offset" from one account to the other. Sorry for your children going without, you need to think about that before you get yourself in this problem.

• Ca
      18th of Jun, 2010

if you were opening a second-chance checking account, you probably didn't know how to run a business anyway. IT'S FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T MANAGE MONEY!!!

• Wo
      5th of Aug, 2010

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at 877-968-7962 and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

7th of Oct, 2010

I hate that most every complaint about Woodforest has that note in it to contact the Regional Vice President. Most of the complaints are legitimate non-customer friendly policies and shouldn't require a RVP.

Why not be different and make customers love Woodforest so you could be the new standard in customer-centric banking?

John Q. Public II