Windstream / outsourcing help desk

United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Review updated:
576 Catskill Drive
Apparently I had hit the two or three digit code that blocks incoming calls. When I called my daughter she told me that was a message that I was not accepting incoming calls. I called the help desk after hours and a person with a heavy Indian accent answered. I told him of the problem and asked how I could find out the number to negate the message. He told me he would send a repairman out sometime the following day. I told him I did not need a repairman, only the number to reinstate my phone. After his repeating over and over again that he could do nothing but send a repairman out, I blew it and really told him off. I called back using a different number and an American woman answered. After I explained the problem she suggested I try two numbers and if that did not work to call back (very polite). As it turns out, it did not work and I had to call back again. This time the person gave me the right codes to re-open the line. I had explained to the Indian that I needed the line in case of an emergency. As it turned out my daughter called at 6 AM and aid get over here right away. I have to go to the hospital and I need for you to take care of Sean (her son). If I had listened to the Indian I would have never received the emergency call. We need to stop outsourcing help desk. It appears that 90% of the time they are clueless and very rude. The calls outsourced to Manila are an improvement over India.

N  10th of Oct, 2009 by
OMG! First of all it is NOT outsourced...it is in Florida. 2nd if you have a problem with people that are from another country you are racist. Repair for phone is open 24hrs X 7 days including holidays...I bet you can't say that for your job. Do you work around the clock? I bet not. They put in overtime & still have to listen to your screaming & do it politely. YOU are the one who entered *77 to block calls, so enter *87 to unblock them...what an idiot you are for blocking your own phone from your daughter's obvious PRIVATE line she is paying for. AND they don't send a repairman out to fix a FEATURE that YOU activated...it was done from your phone so undo it from your phone...STUPID!

Windstream Communications Logo Windstream Communications