Windstream / billing for no service
We changed services from Insight to Windstream BIG mistake. We have had nothing but problems since we switched.. First with out computer hookup, it constantly kept going out. Then the phone service, Static so bad you couldn't use the phone let alone hear anything.. They sent out a repair man, who was more worried about selling the service plan, than fixing the phone.. He stopped the static, along with us being able to get calls into our house. He came back to fix that problem again hard sell on the service plan. While he was at our house he disconnected the wiring in our kitchen to cause a problem inside our house. The third repairman they sent out because when the other guy disconnected the wiring in my kitchen he also disconnected the wires that makes the one in my bedroom which satellite box has to use to call out. Needless to say, we were charged for the charges of the box not being able to update . The third repairman left without touching anything. The static returns so bad that when you answer the phone it still rings and again the satellite boxes couldn't update. Had to use our cell phones for everything raising that bill and they still charged us for the phone service we didn't have for months and the update charges for the satellite boxes not being able to update.
I just found it really funny that we had insight for over 9 years and not one problem with anything. All of the sudden when we switch services to this company all the problems are inside our house.. I honestly believe this company does nothing but cause problems in peoples homes in order to sell them service plans they do not need. I have fought with their customer service for weeks trying to get them to understand they can not charge me for a service I didn't have or couldn't use. Their resolution is a $20 out of service charge meanwhile I have to pay $40 a month for the service I didn't have for months.
More Windstream Complaints & Reviews
- Windstream DSL Internet - poor service provided! 
- Windstream - phone company charges fee for no service! 
- Windstream Communications - porting of number 
- One Touch Direct / Windstream - repeat calls and failing to remove my number 
- Windstream - fraud and scam 
- Windstream - internet
- [Resolved] Windstream Communications - I am complaining about the service or lack thereof
- Windstream Communications - internet/service
- Windstream Communications - late charge for billing
- Windstream Communications - correct invoice does not show promised, credit due to $50. plus invoiced download speeds are twice what my actuals are.