Windstream / stealing and extorting from their customers
I have Windstream broadband and was experiencing a noisy thus slow internet connection.
Windstream tech came out to check Windstream's side of the line and found no problems.
Windstream tech asked me if I would like for him to come inside to determine if there was a problem from within the home.
I asked the tech if there would be a charge for him troubleshooting from within the home. Tech said yes there would be a charge if he came in to troubleshoot so I declined and the tech left.
Well the next bill comes due and there is an additional $50 charge.
A Windstream customer no-service person by the name of Angel at ext. 2712 answered my next call. I simply asked to be provided with the written policy detailing the justification for the $50 service call on my bill. Angel indicated there was no written policy detailing why I was charged $50. I then said that I will not pay an arbitrary charge. I also said that I will not continue to do business with anyone that robs their customers. Angel then said she would be happy to send me to the person responsible for disconnecting customers. Of course I will be leaving Windstream but I pressed the written policy once again. I demanded to be sent any written information that could possibly express the rational for the charge. Angel insisted that there was no written policy specifically providing for the charge on the internet or anywhere else but that she would have her manager email me "info" within the hour.
An hour has gone by and no written policy justifying the charge has been emailed.
Windstream is criminal. Canceling my account shortly.
More Windstream Complaints & Reviews
- Windstream DSL Internet - poor service provided! 
- Windstream - phone company charges fee for no service! 
- Windstream Communications - porting of number 
- One Touch Direct / Windstream - repeat calls and failing to remove my number 
- Windstream - fraud and scam 
- Windstream Communications - windstream internet service
- Windstream Communications - over charge upon disconection
- Windstream Communications - internet 
- Windstream Communications - repair of phone service 
- Windstream Communications - customer support