Windstream / stealing and extorting from their customers

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I have Windstream broadband and was experiencing a noisy thus slow internet connection.

Windstream tech came out to check Windstream's side of the line and found no problems.

Windstream tech asked me if I would like for him to come inside to determine if there was a problem from within the home.

I asked the tech if there would be a charge for him troubleshooting from within the home. Tech said yes there would be a charge if he came in to troubleshoot so I declined and the tech left.

Well the next bill comes due and there is an additional $50 charge.

A Windstream customer no-service person by the name of Angel at ext. 2712 answered my next call. I simply asked to be provided with the written policy detailing the justification for the $50 service call on my bill. Angel indicated there was no written policy detailing why I was charged $50. I then said that I will not pay an arbitrary charge. I also said that I will not continue to do business with anyone that robs their customers. Angel then said she would be happy to send me to the person responsible for disconnecting customers. Of course I will be leaving Windstream but I pressed the written policy once again. I demanded to be sent any written information that could possibly express the rational for the charge. Angel insisted that there was no written policy specifically providing for the charge on the internet or anywhere else but that she would have her manager email me "info" within the hour.

An hour has gone by and no written policy justifying the charge has been emailed.

Windstream is criminal. Canceling my account shortly.

Comments

• Wi
      28th of Sep, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your Broadband issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com

28th of Sep, 2010

I have already attempted to resolve this issue with a Mandy Fulbright at : mandy.fulbright@windstream.com.

Why should I call Windstream and waste my time again?

The following was written to her on 9/13/10 with absolutely no response:

Thank you for responding Mandy. I did not think I would get a response in light of Angel's unprofessional behavior. Angel really should consider another line of work outside of customer service. I would think that Angel would do marvelous in Windstream's cancellation department. Forward my recommendation to the executive level.

I am now in "fact finding" mode regarding this $50 charge. Hereinafter, I will refer to the "policy" as being understood to mean, "A minimum non-recurring charge will apply for each repair visit to a customer's premises where it is determined that the difficulty was due to a condition in the customer-provided equipment. ".

1. Exactly where did you acquire this policy information you have sent me? You have not cited a source.

2. Has this policy be made publicly available so that customers can make informed decisions regarding line checks?

3. When did this policy go into effect?

4. Why have I never been made aware of said policy by mail, email, or from the CS rep that arranged for a lineman to check Windstream's LAN line to my home?

5. Perchance you could show me how Windstream has in good faith attempted to make me aware of said "policy".

6. Can you provide me with the contract or the terms and conditions I signed prior to the service call in question and agreeing to the following condition? :

Your answers to these questions will better help me to understand my obligations regarding this instant matter.

Your help will be greatly appreciated,

Dan

PS

You should be aware of what the ongoing Windstream customer service failure looks like. Please peruse the following sites and remember that these complaints are at most 1% of the total:

• Ga
      21st of Apr, 2012

I just had worse experience with windstream I have only been getting .39 mbps on my internet speed test. I also have tested other ways like fastest download has been 50kbps which is super slow like dial up speeds this is dsl anyways i called people were rude and even hung up on me. Suddenly 2 windstream vans come act like they are helping and turn my phone and internet completely off and left this is on a friday leaving me with no chose but to go monday and get time warner I will also break all equipment they provided I paid my bill on time never been late over 300 dollars a month for my ### bundle and they do me like this I typed this using my virgin mobile 3g which is been faster than windstreams dsl sad can't even play my battlefield online I hate windstream everyone should leave them customer service is everything besides comcast is faster google it.