Windstream Communications / internet service; lies; horrendous customer service

On 11/21/2017 a Winstream technician arrived at my home to perform a complimentary "free" upgrade to our internet speed. This was a promotion that Windstream has been running recently. After 4 hours, the technician informed me that he was unable to get out internet back up and running and that he would have to return the following day. My husband and I had both taken off work to accommodate the technician on 11/21 and we were unable to take additional time from work to accommodate their error. I then called their troubleshooting/internet phone number, where I spoke with three different employees, who were all extremely rude and not helpful at all. Each of them kept saying they had no way of communicating with any of the technicians and offered no apology for the extreme inconvenience to us. I work remotely from home and was unable to work last evening and am still unable to work today due to their incompetence. The customer service representatives told us that we could not have our bill prorated for the inconvenience and repeatedly stated "I don't know what to tell you." I am extremely dissatisfied with their lack of professional courtesy. We had no prior issues with our internet until the technician arrived on 11/21 at approximately 4:00pm. I was also lied to last evening by Sheri and Lindsey, two representatives who said I would be able to reach a technician at 7:00am on 11/22. When I called, their automated voice message stated their office operates from 8:00am-5:00pm. I am requesting a refund of the entire month's bill for the inconvenience and also request that a technician arrive at my home today to resolve this issue in its entirety.

Mk