Windham Professionals / Student Loans

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I've been getting these phone calls from a company called Windham Professionals based out of Salem, NH, regarding student loans. I've been dealing with this person named CHRISTINE DAVIS. Now I know that I do owe some money on loans taken out although I've been out of work now for 3 months and paying them back at this moment is not on top of my list. A couple of weeks back she said she would help me out by enrolling me in a program called the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Consolidation. She explained to me that this program was designed to work with your current income. I explained to CHRISTINE DAVIS that I was currently unemployed and currently looking for a job and that I have no income coming in now. CHRISTINE DAVIS then said she was going to send documentation about this program so I wouldn't have to worry about it for the time being and once I get a steady income coming in again then I can pick up the payments. A week passed and received the paperwork, it all sounded legit I then signed and and mailed it back.
I got a follow up call from CHRISTINE DAVIS about a week and a half later and said she received the paperwork and everything was in place. I said great and we left it at that. A couple of days ago I was out at a job interview and my girlfriend received a phone call from CHRISTINE DAVIS wanting to speak with me. She told her that I was out looking for a job. My girlfriend said that when she told her this she sounded surprised and asked why I was out looking for a job when she was fully aware I'm not working at the time. My girlfriend then hung up the phone on her. Today about 20 mins ago I to another call from CHRISTINE DAVIS. She asked me how my interview went I said good but haven't heard anything back. Her tone changed instantly and said that my account is still sitting here waiting for payment. I then asked her about the consolidation program that she enrolled me in and she said that paperwork never arrived. I was furious. After I took the time to fill out the paperwork and talk to her about it she had the you know whats to tell me that we didn't talk about this. I then proceeded to hang up the phone on her.
This company is a total scam. My advice to anyone dealing with these farm animals is if you get a phone call from them it's not even worth your time and just hang up. I kind of hope CHRISTINE DAVIS calls back soon.

Comments

• Sh
      7th of Oct, 2010

I talked to someone from windham pro about the william d ford program, which does exist but not how they explained it. They wanted me to pay some money over the phone, i told them i would send a money order. Reason being, i do my research before i give out money. First red flag when i looked them up online they are a collection agency which they never mentioned. They said they would take care of my student loan debt through the program and i could go back to school. Then i found this with all these complaints and one just like mine. I never did receive the email with the paperwork they wanted from me, but thats okay because they were never going to get it back and definitley not my money.

• Be
      2nd of May, 2013

I’ve had my dealings with Windham unprofessionals, I tried working with them at first, but when they don’t have the upper hand of the conversation, they get rude with you. And they will hang up on you. But I did find away to not make any deals with them, I contacted direct student aid to consolidate my school loans that went into default. When they heard I was going to fix my problem without their help, they pushed to have my wages garnished. Don’t let them get the best of you, please call direct student aid1-888-467-8833; I hope they can help you as they have helped me.

• Th
      16th of May, 2013

Clever move! I hope they didn't get your wages garnished? They can't do it without a court decision. So if you get sued always show up. But prepare and seek help at debtorboards.com