Williams Sonoma / false/misleading advertising
The Williams Sonoma May 2009 catalog lists a 3 1/2 quart Dutch over (item [protected]) on sale for $99.95. When I attempted to order the item both online and over the phone the WS representatives listed the price as $185 for the color I was looking for. WS customer sales representatives refused to honor their own advertised price and stated that the sale price was restricted to colors of those 'pictured' on the catalog page even though there were NO Restrictions to that effect on the advertisement. Further the specific description of the item listed for sale for $99.95 cataloged all the colors available. I believe the add is deceptive and a simple bait and switch.
After emails back and forth with WS Customer Service, they refuse to provide the product for any price except the $185 price. This is not how you treat a long term customer (been buying EXPENSIVE items from them for over 15 years) by not admitting you designed the catolog improperly or make good on the advertisement error.
More Williams Sonoma Complaints & Reviews
- West Elm - delayed 3+ months 
- West Elm - worst customer service 
- Williams-Sonoma - poor customer service 
- West Elm- STINKY WOOL RUG - smelly rug and horrible customer service
- Williams Sonoma Hot Chocolate - get less at same costs 
- West Elm - refund
- Williams Sonoma - bad service shopping
- West Elm - misleading product/poor service 
- Williams Sonoma - mugged in their store and no one cared!
- Williams-Sonoma - useless promo code