Wildwood Wilco Hess / arrogant and unconcerned

Hwy 44, Wildwood Fl, FL, United States Review updated:

Wilco Hess has made it plainly obvious that they are unconcerned about their customers. During a recent visit to this location while approaching a parking space I could clearly see a tall trash can standing in front of a cement post sticking out of the concrete, what I could not see is the fact that there was a second post that was a few feet past the trash can. When turning into the parking space while watching forward as to not hit the vehicle in the next parking space much to my surprise was the second post which now in my blind spot. This second post made contact with my vehicle at the rear of the front passenger door and all of the passenger back door as I had to back up. While completing the customer injury form required by Wilco Hess the general volunteered that this was not the first time this has happened to a customer. When I was contacted by a risk management person for Wilco Hess I was told that they would not accept responsibility for the damage to my vehicle. I was told I should have been watching where I was going. Which is exactly what I was doing when I was watching the vehicle I was parking next to? When I expressed the idea this post should have been painted RED or Yellow rather than grey so that the customers might better see it I was told that there was no law requiring RED or YELLOW therefore they were not reasonable. I travel past this station 5 days a week and it was my main stop for gas not any more. Customers and parking lot safety is of no concern to this company, their only concern is their almighty profit $. Since fighting this in small claims court would cost more than the repairs I am stuck without recourse, I am stuck with the damage and I am stuck with the reminder every time I see my car. Judging from my own experience and the experience of others posting comments that Wilco Hess has no regard for its customers or its reputation. I will take every opportunity to share my experience with as many people as I can and will never give my hard earned money to any Wilco Hess again.

Js

Comments

• Al
      Jul 27, 2012

And Jon McCartney works for Vance Refridgeration on Wednesdays.

• Wi
      Aug 02, 2012

JSpiers- We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at 1 (800) 642-0945 or here: http://www.wilcohess.com/ContactUs. Thank you.

Jun 16, 2014

Ever time I go into this employees r on the cell phone or just talking to eachother they seem not to care about the customer Me being a customer I do not care to see the cell phones.. I will not visit this location again very bad eexperiance..