WilcoHess / managerial ignorance

1 Morhead City, NC, United States Review updated:

I am a regular customer at one of your locations and recently noticed a sign in the window stating, “Help Wanted All Shifts Must Want To Work”. Since I am retired from the trucking industry, living only 2 miles from the location and familiar with your company, I filled out an application and returned it the same afternoon. I am very efficient in mathematics, computers & customer service. Being retired for a short period of time, I wanted to get back to work, preferably (being use to working overnight) on a night shift knowing that this would fit well with my wife’s job, which is daytime. I believed that being short of good help, I would have heard something from whoever reviews the applications but I was wrong. I don’t believe that totally ignoring an applicant is proper. A phone call should be in order letting me know why I am not wanted for a position whether my experience or age is in question.

Se
Jun 8, 2013

Comments

• Br
      8th of Jun, 2013

Yeah. 'cuz they have the time to call potentially hundreds or thousands of applicants and tell them they didn't get the job... The phone works both ways. Maybe they believe you should give them a follow up call ( Initiative ) and ask about the status of your application.

• Mo
      9th of Jun, 2013

if you only live TWO miles away - why not go back in and talk face to face with the manager. THIS would show the manager that you are serious about working. looking at paper all day does not reflect who should or should not be hired. a face to face interview (whether it is scheduled or not) might give the manager a better impression of you. get off your butt, quit complaining online and go down to the store