WhyNotLeaseIt — unethical behavior
Sears rep talks me into this lease program telling me its a loan. IT IS NOT A LOAN! Lease means lease. . .even if the stupid rep says otherwise. But that is not the worst of it.
So I have noticed that my payments do not count, that they will charge me 41 dollars forever, and I am merely leasing the item, not paying it off. Luckily, I only borrowed 200. I have been paying 41 dollars each month to "lease" the item. At the end of my 5 month lease, I would still have to buy out over 150 to "own" the item. So I will pay well over 360+ for a 200 dollar "loan." That's loan shark math. . .
So I go to "buyout" the item online and avoid paying an extra 160+ money on this and the website refuses to let me. You see, I owe a payment this week and they can't let me buy out before I make the next month's payment (which will not count towards my debt). So I am privileged to pay an extra 41 dollars to wait a few days to buy my item to "prevent me from being overcharged" as the website states. Now they hope I will forget to buyout until it is too close to the next payment. . .
The worst part is the Sears rep talked me into this instead just a normal Sears purchase. Don't use "WhyNotLeaseIt." They will try any method possible to over charge you and keep the item themselves.
More WhyNotLeaseIt Complaints & Reviews
- Why Not Lease It - they rip off people 
- [Resolved] WhyNotLeaseIt - why not lease it scam 
- [Resolved] WhyNotLeaseIt - receiving a title of ownership 
- Why Not Lease It - payments 
- [Resolved] Why Not Lease It - horrible program, things are not explained properly. rude customer service 
- [Resolved] WhyNotLeaseIt - washer & dryer: company total scam!!! 
- WhyNotLeaseIt - kenmore washing machine
- [Resolved] WhyNotLeaseIt - mattress purchase
- WhyNotLeaseIt - sears storage unit
- WhyNotLeaseIt - leased washer