[Resolved] Why Not Lease It / lease buyout

Henderson, NV, United States

Tried to buyout and couldn't. Called and spoke to customer service, I was told I had to make 10 payments before I could buyout. In order to buyout I would have to make 2 more payments of 68.23. After the 2 payments then the buyout would be 450.00. I cannot believe Sears would allow this to happen to there consumer. I'm all for turning a profit, but not highway robbery!!!

• Resolution statement

• CustomerClaims's Response, Jun 26, 2017

Hello Sandy,

I am sorry if there is any confusion about our terms. . All of our marketing materials, Terms and Conditions and our lease agreement clearly lay out our program requirements, including the requirement that a customer complete the payments owing during the minimum lease term. As a part of our policy, a copy of the lease agreement is provided at lease commencement and is available to the customer in their online account.

Our Lease program is not a finance or lease to own program. Rather, WNLN purchases the merchandise on the customer’s behalf and leases the property to the customer for a required minimum term. Upon completion of the minimum lease term, customers have the flexibility of three options: (1) continue to lease on period-by-period basis by retaining possession of the property, in which case additional periodic payment(s) must be made in the same frequency and amount as during the initial term; (2) terminate the agreement by returning the property to us in good condition, fair wear and tear expected; or (3) call us to arrange a purchase of the leased item.

There are also options to purchase at 30, 60 and 90 days with fees at 5%, 8% and 10% respectively. If you need any help with your lease don't hesitate to contact [protected]@whynotleaseit.com.

Thank you!