Westpac Bank Loan and Insurance / Bad customer service no responability for their staff actions

1 New Zealand Review updated:

I was on Invalids Benefit my permanent income in my name and husband partime working.
we went to our bank of ten years for a loan, to safe guard our selves we took out westpac insurance with the loan at the time we ask westpac staff if my benefit stopped would insurance cover me they said YES we ask staff of contracts we not all einstein, it would one and a half years later benefit stopped shock horror insurance did not cover this insurance was only for wage and redundancy they only paid me back the insurance I paid on the loan the same with Westpac Credit Card we got insurance for that to my horror again it only cover over 30 days sick husband off three week. at the time we got credit card again we were told covered for sickness I am worried about how Bank staff conduct themselves selling loan and bank credit cards at customer expense to make banks money.

Comments

• Fr
      11th of Mar, 2009
    WELWATCHMD8005916383-V 800-5916383 - Charged without purchasing anything and without knowledge
    Private Family
    29 Cochrane Crescent, Theodore
    Canberra
    Australian Capital Territory
    Australia
    Phone: +61 2 6292 8889

On my Westpac bank statement of 02 April 2009 there was a withdrawal dated 02/12/o9 of 49.95 US Dollars which because of the low exchange rate became 78.36 Australian Dollars.
    We had not made any purchase, I believe we have never delt with this Co. or been accociated in any way.
    It also seems strange that the withdrawal was made on the 12 February 2009.
    What a shock.