Westinghouse digital electronics / HDMI port not working, no customer support

1 12150 Mora DriveSanta Fe Springs, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-287-5555

I've had to send in a 19" LCD TV for service since the HDMI port has stopped working and the sound has deteriorated to the point, it's almost inaudible in the six months I've had the TV. I wound up driving 50 miles to take it to a service center that was almost impossible to find, and now I'm told that getting parts for it will take over a month. I've called their customer support line and tried to move up the line to find someone who seems to actually care about their customers, but I haven't found one yet!

I live just outside of the third largest city in the country, and they have all of two service centers within driving distance and they can't seem to get parts in less than a month for anything. Their support line actually wanted to give me some web sites where I could search for the parts and then I was supposed to call the service center and tell them so they might get them quicker.

Totally unbelievable! They offer to replace it..., if I make the 100 mile round trip to pick up the TV, which is in pieces now, and then ship it at my expense to California and then wait for several weeks until they send me a 'refurbished' unit! I swear I'll never, never, ever buy anything that says Westinghouse on it again! I'm going to tell my experience to anyone who will listen and they may save a few bucks by not caring about this customer, but I'm going to cost them far more in sales than they could possible care.

I've found out the whole Westinghouse name seems to now be part of some Chinese or Korean conglomerate that just seems willing to cheat anyone they can out of their money by selling total crap and then not offering any customer support!

I'm going to do some more research and find out what the actual name of the company that owns the Westinghouse name is, and make sure I never, ever buy anything from that outfit again and I'll spread the word as far and wide as I can!

Comments

• Mb
      21st of Aug, 2008

I fully agree with the writer's entry. I am going thru the same thing with "Westinghouse". My set is a 26" Westinghouse LCD TV purchased from a Sam's Club in the Baltimore/Washington, DC Metropolitan Area in November 2007. The TV failed in August 2008, so it is still under warranty. However the warranty is worthless considering there is no repair facility within a 6+hour drive. Westinghouse suggested I send the TV to them at my expense, however after two weeks I still don't have a Return Authorization Number.

My recommendation to all - DO NOT BUY ANY WESTINGHOUSE TV PRODUCTS!!!

• De
      10th of Mar, 2009

I have two (unfortunately) Westinghouse TVs--a 19" LCD and a 26" LCD. The HDMI ports went bad on both tvs. Now the 19" TV, the audio stopped working on the digital OTA channels--I still get a picture but no sound. If I want to continue to get channels with an OTA antenna, I'll have to use a converter box of all things on a relatively new "digital" tv.

I would not recommend Westinghouse to anyone--don't let the seemingly low price fool you. As is the case with most things, you get what you pay for.

• Un
      19th of Mar, 2009

I have a 32 inch HDTV (model SK-32H540S) that began burning and smelling. It is less than one year old, and I was told I had to pay to ship it to them even though they advised to immediately "unplug the t.v", and this is a "known issue". I asked why there was not a recall ~ this t.v. is a fire hazard. I told customer service I was contacting my states attorney general and would become an advocate for getting these faulty sets recalled. Later that evening I received a phone call from a manager in the cooperate office who advised me he was sending a pre-paid shipping label and an advanced replacement t.v. Both came on the same day. The replacement t.v. is different that my burned up one and DOES NOT WORK! I called customer service they diagnosed the t.v. as "dead'.
    CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I was given a number to call cooperate directly - I am doing that later today.

Steer clear of these t.v.'s.
    Fight for your rights.
    Demand what is fair.

• Jm
      15th of Jun, 2009

Don't by Westinghouse!!! The HDMI Ports will DIE, it happens to everyone!

• Ro
      27th of Jul, 2009

My 32' is 14 months old and I'm having problems with my ports. I'm told that, inorder for me to receive work on my LCD I must provide a copy of my receipt. I registered the unit when I first bought it. I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to get the very poor service.

• Mc
      15th of Apr, 2010

I agree with all of your posts regarding the Westinghouse flat panel TV. I have a 52" TFT Westinghouse TV set (model # 52F480S) and the HDMI processing has failed several times and then "like magic" started working again. I have connected another TV to the HDMI cable with each failure to confirm that the signal to the TV is GOOD. This time my HDMI picture is GONE / BUSTED. I called the WH Digital Service Center and got NO HELP. I offered to purchase a new HDMI board from them and GOT NO HELP.
    MY satisfaction will come by telling anyone who will listen DO NOT PURCHASE WESTINGHOUSE TV SETS regardless of the price ! COSCO, SAM's CLUB, etc. should not sell Westinghouse TV sets !

Norm McCoy