Westgate Resorts

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 by

timeshare and pressured to purchase and misled

Hello, My name is Rosiny Deronette,
Me and my family was mislead by Westgate Resorts in Orlando, FL to purchase a timeshare.
In June, 2017, I was on vacation with my family and was misled by Westgate Resorts salesmen to buy a timeshare (Account number [protected]). At first, I was hesitant and refused however the salesmen harassed us to the point where we felt like we had to purchase the timeshare otherwise these guys would leave us at peace while we were on vacation. Upon signing of the timeshare, we were told that there was no blackout dates and that we could call 3 months in advanced to make any bookings including holidays. Just recently in August, I called 4 months in advance to book a family vacation in December however I was told, that I would need to pay an additional $800 to book it and that it wouldn't be my timeshare. When asked why, I was told by 3 different reps who refused to give me their employee identity that with my timeshare I must call 12 months in advance to book a vacation (even then I'm not guaranteed and would need to pay $408) since I don't have the holiday package. Holiday package?? I was never told that there was a separate package I needed to buy on top of my timeshare. The conversation the salesmen had with me made no reference to another package nor did they say I would have to pay extra for any vacations that I need to book in the future. I can understand paying taxes or Resorts fees however the fees that they have asked to charge for the days Inwant to book in December are for a different package and another resort. I spoke with several departments (Robert, Jennifer, and someone named Karen), they didn't care about my situation and kept referring to my timeshare being "basic" and that I needed to purchase a holiday package in order to book any holiday vacation. At one point, they transferred me to payments department to make over $1k for a timeshare that Inhave not used nor have had the opportunity to successfully plan a family vacation. I am a single dad with two little girls and these folks stole all of my money and asking to withdraw more out of my account while I have not even stated at the timeshare that I purchased. I want to cancel my timeshare given that I have not been able to use it and have paid hundreds of dollars and more being asked. I would like to ask Westgate Resorts to please cancel my timeshare, return the fees that they've taken out of my account, and please give the peace I need to care for my little girls. I can't afford to pay all the fees that Westgate Resorts are charging now and it appears that Incant even use the service when I want as promised. They are charging more that explained at time of purchase so therefore I cannot afford this timeshare and asking for refund and end of this account.
Business Info

NAME:
Central Florida Investments, Inc.

ACCREDITED BUSINESS:

Best,
Rosiny Deronette
JDeronette@yahoo.com
[protected]
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree