Westgate Resorts

4.4
Westgate Resorts
Tennessee
Attention Westgate Victims:

Visit this website: utahstories.com. Read the article Timeshare Traps and Your Legal Rights. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the article, post a comment (tell your story), and submit. They will respond quickly and you won't be sorry!!! Class action in waiting.

Good Luck!
Complaint comments Comments (58)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations

Comments

A  26th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I joined the west gate travel club in Branson Missouri and paid 2000.00 up front and have been paying ever since it was purchased when my ex fiance and i got sucked in and her and i are no longer an item and all i want is out of the contract i never used it at all, it would be nice if they sent my money back but i would settle for just being rid of them and the daily harassment calls. I spoke to a lawyer who sat on my paperwork and contract for a month and did nothing i finally went to his office only to hear i cant do anything except pay it or go to Florida and hire a arbitrator and try to work something out, this is a horrible ordeal to be stuck in a scam like this. I wish i new how to get them out of my life.
D  22nd of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
West Gate lures you in then charges fees for everything. When my wife and I first bought in 2001 it was a great place to vacation and exchanging our week to go to other places was wonderful. Now HOA fees have gone to just under $1000 and exchanging to another resort costs, splitting my lock-out costs, splitting my week costs. We have started the process of trying to get out of the timeshare and Westgate is playing hardball, they have the time and the resources to drag out the process while we are paying the fees. Yes, we want to be included in the class action suit as this company is truly deceitful in their practices and has no regard for the owner/customer as long as they get their money.
A  21st of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
My wife and I were pressured into buying into this mess in April, 2016. We visited under the guise that we were going to receive a gift reward for listening to the presentation. To make a long story, of an 8 hour day wasted, short. We were passed from person to person, each one claiming higher decision making power, until our heads ached and we would do anything to get away. We finally succumbed to the unbearable pressure and started signing page after page of our life away. Since then, we have made our payments and thus far, we have attempted three times to use our vacation privileges. Each attempt has been met with one of two answers from Westgate; 1. You are not eligible for that week. 2. There is nothing available during your desired week.
In essence, we are paying for something we can never use.
All we want is our deposit and payments back. We are not looking to get rich. I'm sure Westgate can dupe somebody else into buying our package.
Is there anyone out there willing to champion this cause?
N  15th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I didnt purchase anything. but I feel like I was harrassed and degraded for 3 hours and held against my will. Is there any class action law suits for this.
A  25th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Westgate showed us one place but sold us another, then a year later when we went to see what we got they told us they can not help us that we took to long to figure it out we want to sue these people
If someone can lead me to a lawyer my number is
N  27th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
We have been owners for a long time but this last time we were told we were going to the top of the mountain to see the new buildings and other things they were adding to the property. After we got up there they put us in a tent like building and started pressuring us to by more property it was to be a 30 min showing of only the new buildings, but they kept us up there 5 hours and would not bring us down the mountain until we bought more property. Now my husband has Parkinsons so we could not get back down the mountain until they took us on a golf cart. Now we are stuck paying more than we can afford on the fees dgibson45236@yahoo.com 513-407-7536
Michael and Darlene Gibson
A  23rd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have been paying on my Westgate Travel Club for nearly 2 years, after putting a $500 deposit down. I was promised 2 weeks at a Westgate property for $500, however, EVERY time I have attempted to book anything with them at multiple locations they are fully booked supposedly. However, when you go to their OWN reservation site they are not and still offer discounted stays for people willing to sit through the travel club or timeshare sales pitch. I love to travel but make limited income working for a non-profit. I thought that this would make travelling easier, instead it has made it harder since I am strapped with the monthly payment of almost $230 plus the yearly fee (FOR WHAT? I have no idea). It all sounded great, but after wasting so much money I am left with nothing for my children and I to use. I would love to get some of my money back since to this day I have not used ONE WG week and only 2 Getaway weeks that did not save me hardly anything. The discounted airfare is a scam also. The whole thing is a scam.
Kathryn Chandler
katiec1968@gmail.com
A  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Acct#38329348981
Purchased a 7 night resort stay to use at any time once it was paid in full. Upon paying it we have tried numerous times to make reservations in the one bedroom unit that we paid for to be told over and over that there are no rooms, no rooms, no rooms. I was told yesterday maybe I should have read my contract. I am very unhappy with the service and availability. It is very frustrating that I call to make a reservation am told there are no room available but I can go to the Westgate resort website and book the same room. So there are rooms available just not for someone like me who purchased one of these useless packages. The people that misrepresented the package and the people are the phone are representing Westgate as a whole and it is not a good representation. I feel as if I have paid my money now nobody cares. At this point and refund would be the best option but according to my contract that is not going to happen either.
A  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Our timeshare headaches started on May 30th 2017. We went to the presentation for the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort and Spa, wow those salespeople are relentless. They do not have a conscious they don't care we ended up purchasing a 4 bedroom Lock off. They played our timeshare ignorance it war our first timeshare presentation. So seems to be every time we expressed concern the spun us into something awesome to distract us. by saying something to our 16 yr old son. So we bought into the spiel and made the leap. After all the said we could WILL it to our children that had us thinking 4 bedrooms 3 children. come to find out the mini getaway the gave had to be used well they even misled us on that. As parents we thought we could fix what we just got into contacting them at the same time sitting up our little getaway, which they told us we could take after 4 months in to the timeshare. All of our payments are current after all and1 yr of HOA for 2019. They really play on buying the timeshare she said our isn't built. So she said look up there on the mountain that is where our place will be. They never mentioned the cool off period she told she even gave us her cell number. I started having some questions, I call Jourdon if that's her real name so when I called the number and got the old this number has been disconnected. Felt like I just got punched in the face with all the lies I would find out later. Now we are contemplating to on getting a lawyer since I call the Owners Management keep passing my call around in a big circle. They don't care about your problems just keep paying and if we don't that may lose our farm.

What can we do ? s.linville70@gmail.com