Western Union / canceled transcation, but money on hold
My complaint stems from a transaction that was made online on Wednesday April 23rd, wiring money overseas (China). Firstly the transaction amount was for $2, 568, which come to find out is above the limit. And I had to change the amount to $1, 800. Secondly the transaction was made from using my fiancé’s credit card/debit card, after making the transaction, I was asked to call for verification, in which I did, but I was informed that the card holder had to make the call, he did… but was informed that this transaction could not take place because he was not the primary holder of a Western Union account, and the transaction would be cancelled.
I received an email stating that the transcation was cancelled so, I thought the money was still in the account, when I checked the account 3 days later, the money was not there, and I called the bank who informed me that western union still has the money on hold.we proceeded to call Western Union and was informed that our bank (Capital One) was the one holding the money, Western Union also informed us that Capital One is a bank that does not allow them to call or send faxes to release the money. We quickly found out that was not true, by calling back the bank and them giving us the fax number that Western Union needs to use and could have used to release the money. We called Western Union back and informed them of this fax number and asked that a fax be sent to Capital One, in which they blatantly refused to do.
There was no need for them to take the money, especially if after they were not able to send the money, it should have been released immediately or the next day... bottom line, consumers should know that the money is placed in a HOLD state for xxx amount of days.
More Western Union Complaints & Reviews
- Western Union - email scams 
- Western Union - declined money transfe - ridiculous reason 
- Western Union - banned from using service 
- For: Western Union Payment Service Malaysia - scam inheritance 
- Westerwestern Union& <infosignwesternunion.com - fake email 
- Western Union Financial Services - poor service delivery
- Western Union Financial Services - i've been blocked from western union for no reason
- Western Union Financial Services - website 
- Western Union Financial Services - my account being blocked
- Western Union Financial Services - money transfer using app