Western Union / money sent to pakistan, not dkaka!!!
800 euros sent from Italy to Dhaka 1 mo9ntgh ago, ended up in Pakistan!!! No way to get it here in Dhaka, despite passport details etc etc.
Have others been cheated by Western Union like this?
800 euros in Bangladesh or Pakistan is 3 years' salary somebody in Karachi is probably enjoying at my expense. Even the Operations specialist in Dhaka, Mr Akhter Salim Fahmi - a real gentleman, helpful, charming and speaking excellent English - cannot help.
He's far too good for the likes of Western Union and the dirty tricks it quite clearly engages in - at great expense to consumers.
After years of using MoneyGram I never had any problems. This first experience with Western Union will be my last!!!
Do we have any redress? I imagine they decline all liability somewhere. Robbers and scammers have to be clever...
More Western Union Complaints & Reviews
- Western Union - email scams 
- Western Union - declined money transfe - ridiculous reason 
- Western Union - banned from using service 
- For: Western Union Payment Service Malaysia - scam inheritance 
- Westerwestern Union& <infosignwesternunion.com - fake email 
- Western Union Financial Services - poor service delivery
- Western Union Financial Services - i've been blocked from western union for no reason
- Western Union Financial Services - website
- Western Union Financial Services - my account being blocked
- Western Union Financial Services - money transfer using app