Western Dental / price rip off
I feel I was totally ripped off by Western Dental. My son had 2 wisdom teeth coming in and was in a great deal of pain. I am unemployed and uninsured so was calling around to see who had the best pricing. I could only get estimates, and Western Dental gave me a low end estimate of $159 for a simple extraction and $286 at the high end (if a surgical extraction was needed). I also mentioned that my son was working part time and we'd like to have the teeth removed on his day off. I was told - no problem so I scheduled an appointment for the x-rays, under the impression I could set the appt for the extraction on the next day (his day off).
After having the x-rays, I am told the price would be $191 for the simple extraction (not $159) and $386 for the surgical extraction (not the $286). I was also told that the oral surgeon is only there 2x a month - and this was his day. Having spent $99 for the exam, and facing having to wait 2+ weeks for the surgeon to return, I felt I had no other option other than to agree to their greatly inflated price.
I have called no less than 5 different phone numbers, only to be hung up on several times, left multiple voice messages that never get returned, and endured repeated statements that Western Dental does not make adjustments; I have repeatedly been told that I am at fault for accepting the pricing and having the work done; that I had the option to not accept the quote (and walk away with only a $99 loss).
I understand an estimate is an estimate, but common sense dictates that the estimate be somewhat in the ballpark of the actual cost. The estimate I was given was more than 40% lower than the actual quote. I feel I was backed into a corner and had no choice - make my son suffer or pay their extorted rates.
I will never go back to this place and will advise everyone I know to never do business with this institution.
More Western Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Western Dental - fraud 
- Western Dental - fraud, neglence, and criminal charge 
- Western Dental - dear future wd patient 
- Western Dental - western dental in salinas, ca 
- Western Dental - getting braces at western dental, mistake 
- Western Dental - make up the rule or policy to cover their mistake (2 front desk workers & the office manager), blame the insurance company & void my appointment
- Western Dental Services - fraudulent practices
- Western Dental Services - aggressive collection due to an error on their part!
- Western Dental Services - products and services
- Western Dental Services - my daughter