wen haircare / Wen

PA, United States Review updated:

I never write reviews but in this case I feel it is necessary to warn everyone about this company and their product. First, this company is incredibly fraudulent. Everything you read about them locking you into a membership and continuing to charge your card, making it impossible to cancel when you call is true. Please be forewarned before ordering from this company. My experience resulted in attempting to call, getting a representative but then they ask why you did not like the product and transfer you to a line where you do not get a person to speak with. After calling back a few times, I insisted the first person cancel and recorded the call. He said he would and would send me an email verifying the cancelation. Guess what!? No email sent. I went to my bank and had the card used for payment cancelled... What a headache!!
Now on to the product...

I used the product for two days before deciding not to ever touch it again. It did make my hair more shiny, less frizzy and it did feel conditioned root to tip and very soft. So these things are true. It did make my hair feel weighed down. I would have continued to use the product however by the second washing my scalp began to burn. There is quite a bit of menthol in the product. I believe everyone who has commented that the product made their hair fall out. I have not used the product for a week and my scalp still has a burning sensation. (And just to note, I have never had an issue w sensitive scalp or any chemical treatment including color.) Unless you have a scalp of steel, please be very careful and pay attention to how it feels if you chose to use this product. I believe with all my heart that if I had kept using, hair loss would result.

One good thing has come of all this! I stopped using Wen and started using Pureology, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- free shampoo (<--this is what strips your hair of good oils), in the shower followed by Frizz Ease light weight, leave in conditioner after and my hair has never looked better!! Coupled w biotin and a mulitvitamin, I am on the healthy path to great hair. Remember there are no miracle hair products!! If this product were a miracle it would be FDA approved and sold in stores.

If you still really want to try Wen, you can purchase the product on Amazon!! It's much safer than ordering through this company.

Hope this helps!!

PS- Remember as well, there are people who are paid to write positive reviews. You are not using the product incorrectly. ;)

Comments

• Co
      23rd of Mar, 2012

I just ordered the 30 day trial and I noticed it said it would continue to charge my card but that I could call and cancel it. Should I wait until I get my product to cancel? Or should I cancel the 90 day supply immediately? I just wanted to try it.. I dont have the money to buy it every month.