Wells Fargo / personal banking services
When travelling overseas recently my atm/debit card ceased to function . I was informed that the card had expired as it was a temporary card. I was not informed of the pending expiration before I travelled, when I filed a travel itinerary with WF.. I explained to the WF rep that I was in Moscow and needed access to my funds. Rep's response was that they could mail me a new card but had no idea when I might receive it as I was out of the US. I explained that I was in Russia without access to my funds and that this was an emergency. The response was there is nothing we can do. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I explained that I was a long term customer I had adequate funds in my account and I would appreciate it if they could assist in getting me access to my funds in Russia. The response from the supervisor was that there was nothing they could do. To be clear, I repeated the question as what they could do to assist a customer abroad. The answer was nothing. I was absolutely amazed as I cannot believe that an institution like WF has no banking relationship in Russia that they could have accessed to wire me funds. To be sure I asked again if this was their final answer...it was. Thankfully, I have an Amex card. As a world class organization Amex were more than happy to assist in getting me access to funds. If I had not had that alternative the situation would have been very serious for me.
I moved my banking from BofA to WF several years ago on the understanding that I would have private banker service. What I received was the lowest level of retail service, if that, with absolutely no attempt to resolve what could have been a very serious situation. I am certainly looking to move my banking relationship to an institution that at least has some empathy for their customers needs when travelling abroad.
More Wells Fargo Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - service 
- [Resolved] Wells Fargo - branch manager
- Wells Fargo - moving funds from an existing retirement plan
- Wells Fargo - unauthorized purchases made by my debit card no...5875 &...5867
- Wells Fargo - money issue from the buyer