Wells Fargo / wells fargo lost my $4,000 check
I called a Wells Fargo Customer representative and asked, "If I mail you a check in British pounds, will you be able to deposit that check into my Wells Fargo checking account in USD?
The representative said, "Wait, let me ask..." and she returned and said, "Yes."
So I mailed them a check with the amount 2, 100 British pounds worth about $4, 000 USD at the time.
The check was never cashed and was never returned to me.
When I called to inquire, every time I was asked to call back in a couple of weeks, until one day they said our policy is to return the checks we cannot cash. When I asked the organization that issued the check, they said their records show it was never cashed and their bank advised them to not issue another one until the check is returned.
One year later and the check has not been returned to me nor to the original issuer of the check.
This is Wells Fargo for you. I have emptied my checking amount and do not intent to do business with them anymore.
They lost my $4, 000 USD.
More Wells Fargo Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - customer service banker's
- Wells Fargo - fees
- Wells Fargo - home mortgage
- Wells Fargo - bill pay
- Wells Fargo - fraud