Wells Fargo Auto Finance Lease / fraudulent fees

Wells Fargo Auto Finance is charging me exhorbitant fee's for excessive wear and tear that is not evident on my returned vehicle. I think they systematically do this to rip off clients who have leased vehicles. I am thinking of a class action suite against the company. Anyone else have unfair end of lease fee's or excessive wear and tear fee's?

Sp

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008

Hello, yes I have just recently returned my leased vehicle back to wells fargo return center. A month goes by and i received a bill for nearly $7, 000. A $1000.00 in parts and the rest for labor. I cannot believe this considering they tried to sell me the vehicle for $8, 000. It had a little wear and tear but nothing major. I cant believe they are saying there was this much damage considering i could have got a complete paint job for around $1000. Please contact me if you have found anything out regarding this issue.

I dont know what to do,

Chris Loftin
    916-284-8091

• Sh
      24th of Nov, 2008

hi
    i returned a sequoia and they hit me for 4000.00, the turnin fee of 350 and excessive miles was all i paid for.
    i figure theyre gonna sue me, but i could have also bought the vehicle
    they hit me up for 16 dents on the roof of the truck, i never even used the roof
    and also for little nicks, which, in all my other leases, were considered wear and tear(normal--)
    i did listent o my husband and took picturesof the car, which i sent to wells fargo, but they could care less.. they told me ill go into collections if i don't pay in full, so i paid what i believe i owed.. let me know how everyone makes out

30th of Jan, 2009

Same here. I just returned a honda pilot. Everything was under excellent condition. The transport condition report from the car pickup person states no damage at all, and I got photos and witness for the car. But, in the end, wells fargo is charging me $2700. It's crazy!! They told me once I signed the contract, then i should pay the amount they figured out. All the proof I got is useless.

I think we should file a legal action against this bank!!

jinsunnyvale@yahoo.com

25th of Feb, 2009

Hey everyone just a little update to my first complaint on the top of this page... So after going back and forth with Wells Fargos crazy fees of $7, 000 I did something just as crazy... I spent $20 and joined PrePaid Legal... I know... I know... I know... The one that you always hear about but say "Yeah Right" not likely... Listen to this... I told them what happened and they said no problem, "We will write a demand letter for you" ... soon as they did this and sent it out a got a phone call from wells fargo leasing department stating they have checked over the fees again and adjusted my account to $2000.00 ... LOL... Wow!!! that was fast. So I could have fussed a little more but was so happy to have saved $5, 000 I said great lets do it.

Recap.
    Wells Fargo sent bill to me for $7k
    went back and forth with leasing department for a few weeks
    hired Prepaid legal (no contract) $20 plus $10 start up fee
    wells fargo called and "Adjusted" account $5k
    paid off and its a done deal.

Please call if you have any questions and cancel all business with this Monster of a Bank...
    Wells Fargo Sucks

Chris Loftin
    Sacramento, CA
    916-284-8091

• Ca
      1st of Mar, 2009

I have a 2006 mini van (Toyota sienna) and will return next week in Phoenix location. I read all of these messages above and called Wells Fargo Auto lease department and asked for the leased car return policy. What they told me is that any scratches or dent bigger than 1 inch, they will charge. I did check my car and found some small scratches and will have them fixed before returning the car next week. I will let you know if there will be extra charged in few weeks. Another concern is the tires. In case of the extra charge, I will have the two front tires replaced before returning as well. Hope there is no more headache after. I would not lease car anymore since it is just not right for Wells Fargo to charge so much after the car returned. Again, I am with you all for the discussion.