Webroot Internet Security Essentialsthey downgraded me

D Review updated:

i have webroot internet security essentials on my 3 computers and have auto update on.
on march 13? 2010 the latest update they downgraded my antivirus program to basic after waiting on line for custermer support for 55 minutes they acknowlaged the problem but its been a week now and no response from any letters yet and still not fixed

• D
      Mar 21, 2010

still waiting for a response from webroot

•   Apr 02, 2010

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear about this. If you still have not heard from someone I would be happy to assist you. Please send me an email at [protected]@webroot.com. Thanks for your patience.

• P
      Sep 01, 2010
    webroot internet security essentials - ver. 7.0.4.93 not workable
    Goodyt
    Dallas
    Texas

Recently received an e-mail from Webroot advising to download lastest version of WISE (7.0.4.93). Upon doing so, the process simultaneously uninstalled my previous version of the software.

The newest version has essentially made my system unusable. Issues: unable to open more than one instance of Firefox browser at once; unable to open any msnbc video news item wherein the pathway starts with "javascript" (not true if using IE browser); Firefox browser fails (closes) every 15 - 20 minutes; screen functionality freezes after approximately 30 minutes, e.g., not able to open my AT&T Yahoo e-mail account from home page; etc., etc.

Have called Webroot tech service every business day for past 2 weeks, and recording advises of wait times exceeding 1 hour-once over 2 hours! Have submitted 4 tech request e-mails, with one answer-though suggested instructions were not for the correct WISE software.

Calls to Webroot sales & marketing result in advise to use their "paid" tech service. The only thing I want is fr them to tell me how to retrieve/re-download the previous version of the software that I have paid for, and which does not expire until 12/10.