Web.com / web hosting nightmare

So I have had a website with Web.com for over 5 years now. Sales and support were friendly and they helped me upload my site, and I was gratified to see it working. But I found the hosting service to be arcane and instruction, and after initially putting up the site, didn't do much with it. I tried periodically to check emails, and do other things like add a new user, but wasn't able to. Who knows why?

Every year or so as it gets close to renewal time, I try once again to do very basic things and am unable too. I get frustrated and forget about it. Finally I started to call the support line. They are friendly, and acknowledge that there is a problem with the site, but it is a server problem, and they will forward the problem to a "specialist team." I can expect a resolution in a few hours. Hours pass, days pass, weeks pass. Nothing happens, so I call back. Same schpiel. Days pass, weeks pass. I call back again. Oh "it's because you need to renew your site. Yeah, I say but my email has never worked for me, I can't download my files, I can't add a new user, and have never been able too."No, it's just because you need to pay for another year."Ok, fine I tell him to sign me up for another year. They say that it will take a few days for me to be able to access my site. Days pass, weeks, pass, I still can't do anything on my site. I call back. Another ticket, they say that they write that they have no problem on their end. They have created a new email account and been able to access it, but when I try I still can't. When I call support again, they can't seem to be able to access it either. Or add a new user. Or do anything."Oh, we need to send this to a specialist team". More time passes. No further response. I call them back because now I am determined to figure out why they are dragging me along, when they have not done a thing to give me even the most basic access to my site. this time it's"because my domain name is expired. Yeah, but what about ALL THOSE YEARS that nothing has worked, and I have been paying for your services and my domain name. "No we assure you that nothing is wrong with the site, it's only not working because you need to re-register your domain name... we promise". Fine, renew my domain name for another 5 years. "It will take a few days for the site to be back up." Time passes. Still can't do anything.

I am sure you think, what a #, why doesn't he just switch services. I really just wanted basic functionality so I could retrieve my files and move to another hosting service. But not being able to, I keep having to renew and drag this out so I can get my files back.in my latest call, they say I need "to upgrade my plan." even though I pay 7.95 a month... for nothing. So far I have already payed upwards of $500.00 to this company for nothing.

Now they have the audacity to tell me that if I actually want "the specialist teams" to actually respond to my tickets, I need to "upgrade???" You have got to be kidding me. YOU ARE SCAMMING ME! HOW MANY OTHERS ARE YOU SCAMMING? You have been warned. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AS YOUR WEB HOSTING SERVICE. As of yet, I still don't have basic ftp access. "something is wrong with your browser." Theirs too apparently as they can't access my site or anyone's site since they are using Iexplore 6. WTF? How can you call yourself a internet hosting support staff when you can't access their pages on your browser? How hard is it for an internet company to download the latest Iexplore??

I am going to try Godaddy and see if they can retrieve my files for me. First company to be able to get them gets my business. I don't have faith though. I think that I have been scammed, or am the.01 percent that has had 5 years downtime. Unbelievable. As of yet I have only had 1 of my many tickets responded too, saying that everything seems to be working. Too bad none of even your support staff agree. At least I thank you for bothering to respond that once when I didn't pay your upgrade fee.

Sincerely,
Sean

Comments

7th of Jun, 2013

the site is a total scam. $100 a month is what the promise will get you on the front page in all search engines in 4-6 weeks. 3 months later i have not received one call. They now tell me that i have to pay for the cellphone service in order to get traffic. Thats another $200. So, for $300 a month now they promise 6-9 calls per month. What horeshit!

• Ba
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Web.com - exploitation of sacred religious text
    TheBhaktiBeat.com

the bhaktibeat.com

• De
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Web.com - internet and website complaint
    Fenton
    Missouri

I paid over $1000 to have all of our information updated on all search engines to make them compatible with one another, new website to make more tablet friendly and allow google placement. None of this came to fruition. They sold me the world and did nothing.

• We
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Web.com - scammers

Web.com is a complete scam. They straight up steal your money. If you cancel they continue to charge. Dont trust these people... web.com is not reputable just trash.

• Pr
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Web.com - website construction
    Visakhapatnam
    India
    desigujjar.com

My websie desigujjar.com show under construction . Plz solve this problem.