Weatherseal / guarantee

1 England, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:

i purchased windows and doors from weatherseal in 2006 and got a 10 year guarantee with them we had a few problems in the first year with windows dropping and key cylinder on the front door and they come out to fix them after having to wait as they did not feel it was urgent that we could not lock the door . now i have problems again with the front and back doors, with the locking systems and so i got in contact with weatherseal to get them out to fix them as they are under the 10 year guarantee but have now been told i have to pay £75 call out fee i phoned them to ask why and the guy told me it was in the terms and conditions funny as i was never asked to pay this before now i'm wondering why i keep this guarantee as it seems to me it is not worth the paper it is writen on and i could get someone else to do it cheaper and not give weatherseal any more of my money

Comments

• Ds
      31st of Mar, 2011

Ive got problems back door lets in wind, now there asking for £90 call out fee which they can run and jump for and mine ones are 13 month old I have sought legal advise and saying that the £90 call out fee is misselling so i will be taking it further . I need a new front door and 5 windows for the front so

• Ag
      9th of Jan, 2013

I purchase Window from Weatherseal in 2005, I was told when we signed a financial contract doors and window were Guarantee for 10 years if we had any problems just to phone the company. My patio doors are not opening and closing properly. I phoned weatherseal and was told the company went into administration and therr is no longer 10 year guarantee on our doors and windows and they wanted a £90.00 call out charge to inspect the work, they can go and whistle for it. i will never trust anthor double glazing company again. I have been to trading standard and will be seeking legal advice.

• Bi
      18th of Sep, 2013

I also had windows and doors installed by Weatherseal in 2004, with a 10 year guarantee. I called to report a fault with 2 of the windows to be told that Weatherseal had gone into administration and that this new company "Weatherseal Home Improvements" was under no obligation to honour the guarantee. Similarly a £90 call out charge and I would then have to pay parts and labour if they could repair it. I find it disgusting that companies can declare themselves bankrupt, side-step any obligations and start trading again under the SAME NAME like nothing happened. Pathetic.

• St
      6th of Nov, 2013

I agree with everything here -but the worse thing for me is that I have only just found out that they failed to register to register the windows with FENSA and therefore Local Building Control! The guarantee is also worthless.

• Wa
      13th of Jan, 2014

Fitting and installation went really well, but now when a window won't close they won't send someone out to repair until 1) we've filled a form in and 2) paid the £90 call out fee!!?? Why do we need to fill in a form first, the person could surely take the details over the phone? A pointless delaying tactic in my opinion. This seems to be the case with Weatherseal, base their sales talk on being a 'reputable' company, "a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for" was the pitch.