WC Value Plus / How to get your money back & get this &company& back!

1 Hopkins, MN, United States Review updated:

This company fraudulently took money from my account, and thankfully I noticed it immediately. I specifically told the salesman "no." The way to get your money back is to write a letter to the company notifying them of your complaint, your desire to cancel & demand your money back - send it certified mail. Send it to the company responsible for WC Value Plus:

Provell
1100 Wayzata Blvd
Suite 680
Minneapolis, MN 55305

Also send a copy of the letter to the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota & North Dakota [protected]). Their address is:

2706 Gannon Rd
Saint Paul, MN 55116

The director of consumer affairs at Provell/WC Value Plus is Michael J. Murphy. He will probably send a letter back saying that you placed an order & provided "electronic signature authorization" (which is a lie), but they will refund your money.

You can also send a copy of your complaint to the Federal Trade Commission at:

The FTC cannot get your money back, so it is still important to send letters to Provell & the BBB. But the FTC needs to be notified about these fraudulent business practices.

Comments

Sh
  7th of Apr, 2008

This company is very difficult to cancel with! They will tell you your "accounts" have been cancelled but they keep charging your bank account the fees (sometimes under more than one company name-Explore USA is another to look for)

Da
  1st of Dec, 2008

I completely agree with the well thought out and clear advisement provided. I had to cancel my credit card for the SECOND time to get these people off my charge account. I purchase everything online and I am not sure which website is selling my credit card information. I wish I could file a law suit against that website owner. I did file a complaint with the FTC today and I called Value Plus 800.475.1942. They are sending me a form to complete to get my money refunded.

I also contacted this law firm for advisement on how to file suit for their fraudulent activity and all the time and aggravation it has caused me since this law firm has successfully taken them to court previously. This Provell company has a long history of this type of practice against the consumer.

Mansfield, Tanick & Cohen, P.A.
Attorneys at Law
1700 U.S. Bank Plaza South
220 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
www.mansfieldtanick.com
612.339.4295

The excerpt below is taken/quoted from their website:

"Violation of Club Contracts Act, Home Solicitation Sales Act and Deceptive Trade Practices claims against telemarketer: Machalek, et al. v. Damark International, Inc., MC 00-11950 (Hennepin County District Court, State of Minnesota) This lawsuit alleged that Damark, now known as Provell, violated various consumer protection statutes in its telemarketing practices and sale of membership clubs. This matter was resolved on favorable terms to class members."