WarranTech / non existent coverage

Bedford, United States Review updated:

I own several apartment buildings and have been replacing window A/C units over the past few years. I have bought over 12 units ranging from $275 to $1000 and was talked into buying warranties with them for "Piece of Mind". It has turned into a headache and nightmare.

First unit failed after 14 months. They sent a tech out in a week. When he arrived, he had the wrong parts. Told me I had to reschedule. 10 days later they told me the unit could not be repaired and it was my responsibility to return the unit and install the new one.

Second unit failed in 16 months. Temperatures were exceeding 100 degrees with 75% humidity. They could not send a tech out for 7 days. I replaced the unit myself and when the tech came out to inspect it, he spent 5 minutes on it and said it worked fine. A $400 A/C It is now sitting in the corner of my garage while I argue with them.

Third unit failed after 18 months. After multiple calls and 14 days, they offered me a cheap $150 unit as a replacement. When I turned it down, they said that they are under no obligation to replace the same unit. I took a store credit for $163 to replace a $265 appliance. AND I have to replace it once again myself.

These warranty policies are a joke and a total ripoff. I have spoken to supervisors only to be told that they are no obligation to take care of me. Under the policy, they can take months to repair a unit and are not obligated to replace a broken unit with the same model STEER CLEAR!! THIS COMPANY AND THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE ARE THIEVES.

Lu
Aug 12, 2014

Comments

• Li
      May 12, 2010
    Warrantech - non working dishwasher
    Arizona
    [protected]@yahoo.com

warrantech authorized repair for my dishwasher and it was completed this morning, after running one cycle with the repair tech here, now no cycle selection works at all. they have fixed this thing so many times and it never works more than a week...today is the second time it has screwed up within hours of the repair...i need a new dishwasher and they will NOT authorize a new one...i will never get an extended warranty from them again!