Walmart.com / theft

1 6609 Moorhampton DrAR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 502-239-2084

I thought I did this yesterday, I don't see it on complaints board. Here's the story. On 10/24/2010 I checked my bank account on line. Someone at Walmart.com had charged $279. 61 on my debit card. I immediatly looked up the phone number for walmart.com & told the guy what had happened. He laughed and said that someone had changed a letter in my email address & used my debit card to charge the $279.61. He said that the item hadn't shipped yet & cancelled the order. He wouldn't tell me who had done it or what they had tried to buy. When I have emailed walmart.com I have been told that I had to file a police report to get any information from them. They did not get the money out of the account, So I don't see what the police report will do. I had to rush to my bank to cancel my debit card. Tell all of your friends & relatives that walmart.com is not secure to order anything from them. Do not give them your debit or charge card numbers. Someone there is a thief. I am a senior on disability, So I believe that this is a crime against seniors.

Wi

Comments

• Cg
      24th of Nov, 2010

The attorney general office in your state should be contacted regarding this ###...this is theft and abuse of the disabled and elderly..make copies of your receipts and get that complaint filed...I am a senior myself and have no problem in ripping someone a new a ### when they deserve it...and Wally World you deserve this one...

• Wi
      24th of Nov, 2010

asas, You are right about the senior thing, Just angry that it could happen. But, If I hadn't checked my bank account early on a Sunday morning, I repeat, Sunday morning. Who does that ? The order would have been shipped & then what ? Do you think they would have just refunded the $279 61 with no problem ? You are right too . I will never order anything from them again. But you are wrong that they are secure, apparently they are not if this can happen. Also to CGS, I did report to the Attorney General & to the Internet Crime Complaint Center ic3.gov on line. I received an e mail back telling me that they received the complaint. Yahoo.

I have also put this on facebook & twitter to warn others to avoid walmart.com. Have a good day

• Ds
      9th of May, 2011

A similar thing happened to me 2/2/11. I found that someone had purchased an iPod touch for 291.49 and charged my debit card. They had also changed information in my Walmart.com account. The item was to be picked up in West Palm Beach, if I remember correctly. Considering how often this occurs, it is likely someone who works for the company and has access to people's accounts.