Walmart / falsely advertise price match guarantee
This evening I went into our local Wal-Mart (Wilmington ohio) with a Target ad. Target had some movies on sale that I wanted to purchase as Christmas presents for my family. I got the movies took them to the checkout with the Target add. The front end lady called the manager to ask if it was alright. She came back with I have good news and bad news. Im allowed to price match for those movies but I'm not allowed to price match the Target add because it's over 30 miles away. Well the nearest Target is 25.8 miles from our Wal-Mart. So of course I asked to speak with the manager. I have had them price match a Target ad more than once. At first the manager said there isn't a Target within 30 miles. Once I had my husband mapquest the nearest Target he then changed the story to "we dont and wont price match Target"... then he changed his story again and said well if u want to come back tomorrow and ask the electronics department manager you can. I asked him how is that possible when the Target add is over tonight at 11pm. "Not my problem" I called the Wal-Mart customer service hotline. They were no help and gave me the district manager's name and a phone number. I have had nothing but problems at this Wal-Mart. I was assulted by a Wa;-Mart employee 4 years ago and it took me a long time to go back. Just when I feel more comfortable going back to this store the rudeness still remains. I asked 4 different employee's what the manager's last name was and nobody could tell me. They only knew him by his first name. Not one person including the manager could tell me the policy either. It has been advertised on television time and time again. This is false advertising. I asked the manager who they do a price match with and he said only the ones in this town. That just happens to be a grocery store. This is unreal. I could understand it if the store I wanted them to price match was 50 miles away but it was 25 miles away. Less then a half hour. Also when I told them I was going to contact the local news paper and television stations they didn't care. However you look at this its false advertising.
When a store advertises something they should have to stick to their end of the deal. And it's a training issue when not 1 employee including the manager can tell you what the policy is. And a huge training issue when not 1 employee knows the manager's name.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - your website to order on
- Walmart Stores Severn #01875 - store remodel
- Walmart Stores - cnb computers
- Walmart Stores - inoperable and unsafe wheelchair and electric carts
- Walmart Stores - savings catcher