Walmart / Pharmacy / terrible phone service

May 31st. 2008, I called walmart pharmacy, located in woodbridge, va, to fax a refill request to my doctor so that she could authorize a refill and change the quantity of the medicine. 3 days later, june 4th, I called the pharmacy to see if the medicine was ready so that I could stop by and pick it up, but nothing was done. I personally thought that the pharmacist had totally forgotten my request. Then I told the pharmacist, whoever was talking to me over the phone, to fax to my doctor asap, since my dad was waiting for the coumadin. June 7th, which is today, at 1:21pm, I called the pharmacy again, I was putting on a hold. My other phone rang, I picked up the phone, in the meanwhile, a pharmacist was speaking. If you could just imagine that I held 2 receivers, one at my each ear. As soon as I heard a pharmacist's voice, I said "could you hold on for just 1 second, please?" they both heard my voice. The person who called me held on me, guess what happened on the pharmacist, she hung me up.

She is too mean!!! If you know making a call to talk to a pharmacist needs to go through many steps. I understand the walmart pharmacy is very busy, but I could not figure out how a pharmacist can not hold a phone call for just 1 second, or tell a customer that she could not hold any incoming call. I, therefore, called back right away. She answered my call. I asked her why she hung me up 1 minute ago without saying anything. Her answer was: "this is wal-mart pharmacy, I don't know what you are talking about." and hung up again. Gosh, I was very mad at that moment when she hung me up at the second time.

I encourage every one don't visit this store, woodbridge, va 22192.

Ji

Comments

• Je
      4th of Sep, 2009

Why on earth are you blaming the pharmacist? CAll your doctor. Take responsibility for your own care. Most MDs require 72 BUSINESS HOURS (this does not include weekends and holidays). NEWSLFASH!!! The doctors are not standing there looking for your prescription refill. They see hundreds of patients and review and document medical charts all day. Did you wait until you were out??? Of course you did. The doctor needs time to review your chart and determine if he/she is going to approve the refill (this includes deciding if you need an office visit, labs, etc.). Oh...don't think that just because your dad is on COUMADIN that you automatically garner sympathy.