Walmart / check policy

1 183N/Bell @1431Cedar Park, TX, United States Review updated:

after wasting over two hours shopping ..at the check line my Capital One check was denied..Walmart employees claim they have never seen a Capital One check..I tried to explain this was a check with name/info inprinted with my acct info thru my credit card..I talked to two mgrs prior to shopping and they did'nt see any problem ..however telechek..denied the check ..I called them and was informed it was Walmart's policy..nothing to do with me.. I also called Capital One and was informed that I had plenty of money on the account..It should'nt have mattered if I was using the check or the actual credit card..its all the same info..since they decided to have me wait on the wall like a thief..while they conferred..I decided to let them restock their merchandise..this was just another wasted day at this store/location..having extensively travelled I have been in many Walmarts and without a doubt this is the worst store I have been in., from the store being out of products.. to the lube boys stealing my CD'S out of my car..without a doubt this is the worst store/Walmart in the state of Texas. Capital One sends these checks to their card holders I usually just trash them but decided to use them for Christmas..If you get them too...save yourself some humiliation at the Walmart check out...and go to Target instead anywhere but Walmart in Cedar Park Tx.

Cg

Comments

• Cg
      18th of Dec, 2010

yes I did call telecheck before I left the store...and telecheck stated it had nothing to do with me...my credit..or check writing history..telecheck said it was walmarts policy..however the managers did'nt bother to tell me this..and I asked two different ones...I just hope they had fun restocking over $400 in merchandise from all over the store...I could have used my credit cards..or even paid cash for the purchase, but it was their attitude that me say no, restock it!

• Be
      18th of Dec, 2010

Many places do not accept these bank checks. They are expensive and if you do not pay it back right away then you will be charged a higher % than you would have just using your card. This is how these credit card companies get you. Once you right a check, it is the same as a loan. A big loan.