The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Walmart / black friday scams

1 United States Review updated:

We arrived at Wal-Mart at 6:00 PM to get in line for all of the supposedly great sales. We were # 8 to go thru the door. Doors opened at 12:00 AM, you went to the perspective station where you wanted to buy your merchandise, you were asked how many, and given a slip of paper with the quantity of merchandise you wanted and told to stand in that line for another two hours so that you could get a wristband for merchandise.

My husband and I were #1 in the $198 Laptop group. We asked for 3 laptops (you were allowed to buy up to 6). At that time my husband asked how many laptops were available for sale and he was told 97. After people were in line the employee gave a spiel about what was to transpire. We were told that we had to stay in line the whole tow hours or you forfeit your merchandise, you were guaranteed that if you came back between 5-6 AM that you would receive your merchandise. If you did not show up by 6:00 your merchandise would also be forfeited. After you receive your wristband at 2:00 pm. you were free to roam the store or leave and come back to get your merchandise. We did some shopping at Wal-Mart and at approximately 5:15 AM we decided to go and pick up our $198 laptops. When we got to the area and showed our wristband we were told that they were all gone.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Aq
      3rd of Dec, 2010
    0 Votes

    I find it amazing, that you made it to the store, and waited 6 hours to get in, then 2 more hours for these laptops. I hope the people who got them, don't have quality issues with them, as a laptop for $198.00, sounds a bit too good to be true.

  • Ro
      8th of Dec, 2012
    0 Votes

    I went in to get the ipad on Black Friday. I was told that I had to ay for it then it would be shipped. I waited in line or over an hour. The cashier didn't know how to ring it up or knew what she was doing. After she rang it up she said I could come later when it came to pick it up or go on line and they would let me know when it would come in. After 2 weeks I called to see if they were in. I was told I was suppose to register it. When I tried to register it I couldn't so I called customer service. I kept getting the run around and kept being placed on hold for over an hour. I never got to speak to a supervisor and I'm out $433. SCAM!!!

Post your comment