Wal Mart Credit Card / cannot get them to close account

1 Carencro LA, LA, United States Review updated:

My husand and I received an offer for a WalMart credit card for $100 limit. We paid our account off with them in 2008 and closed the account (so we were told). We didn't respond to the offer, didn't get a card in the mail, didn't activate it either. Next thing we know we get a bill in late August with a $45 balance on it. When I called to inquire and close the account (that I did not open) I was told the $45 was for credit card security dues and I had to call the company on the invoice to cancel that then, and only then, I could call WalMart back to close the account. On September 3rd I called the "credit card secuirty service" which was a Montgomery Ward recording and talked to "Linda" and had the dues rescinded. I was advised they would close the account through WalMart with no further hassle to me. Since that time I have received bills, collection calls and many a heartache being on the phone for many hours trying to get the problem resolved. I am told I need to call the credit card security company and when I call they tell me we aren't on their system anymore because they closed our account on September 3rd. It is now November 8th and I have received harassing phone calls and bills with late payment charges that now total approximately $65. I had a WalMart Customer Service Representative accuse me of cursing at her tonight when I did not. I also told the lady that I did not want to have problems with any of this showing up on my credit report. I have never been so harassed, pissed, mad, upset and put off by this kind of situation in my life. Interestingly, when I called last week on the 4th (yes this is a weekly thing) and again talked to the "credit card security company" the young lady I was with on the line decided to help me get this taken care of once and for all. She told me "they" would be upset when she conferenced a call with her, WalMart and myself together in order to take care of the problem. Needless to say once I identified to WalMart that the other party was on the phone with us she miraculously disappeared from the conversation. I was told tonight that the account had been closed but had a $45 balance and they were "investigating" the matter. I have to wonder what WalMart does with all the money from the people who pay these things without putting up the long fight or just not even checking the bill and paying it. Any suggestions any one? I am fed up and WalMart totally sucks in my eyes. I sure hope someone from WalMart sees this because there is no other way I can get through to those people.

Comments

• Jb
      25th of Jan, 2011

I just noticed a fee from Card Securities on my Jan. 2011 statement. I called card securities to cancel my enrollment and they did. I them went back and viewed my previous statements and found charges every month from Card Securities. I called them back and asked them to find out for me who authorized my enrollment in their program. They took my information and are supposed to call me in a couple of days. I have over $100 in charges from this company that I didn't authorize. Has anyone else had these charges appear on their walmart credit card statement? If so, did you have any luck getting any of your money back? WARNING ! ! ! ANY ONE WITH A WALMART CREDIT CARD CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON IT. IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO REALIZE IT.