Wachovia Bank / scam and rip off!

1 Military Trail And Northlake Blvd.Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States Review updated:

On January 14th I went to Wachovia on the corner of NorthLake Blvd. & Military Trail to cash a check a customer gave me and the bank charged me $5.00 because I did not have an account with them. This is a RIP OFF of the public, for what reason should I be charged? The person owed me the money and gave me a check (no Problem) except for the bank, If the person didn't have the funds in the bank they wouldn't cash it anyway, why the $5.00 fee?

I am going to write the banking and insurance commission on this. How about this happening a few thousand times a day? Who pockets the money? This is a Real American consumer RIP OFF.

Va

Comments

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

This is NOT a ripoff. Welcome to the real world.

• Ri
      29th of Jan, 2008

This is indeed a rip off. I don't have a Wachovia account and when I went to cash a $75 dollar check given to me by my father, they tried to charge me that $5 fee. This was the very same branch that my father uses, and puts money into on a weekly basis, so I know it doesn't cost them $5 to simply deduct the money from his account. A bank should cash their own checks plain and simple. Wachovia issues those checks and they shouldn't charge people a fee to cash them at their bank. It's just greedy and unethical. You couldn't pay me to open an account with Wachovia now.

• Al
      21st of Feb, 2008

I work for a bank and we dont charge people to cash other peoples checks that have a account with us, but the reason that the other banks do that is because they sometimes have to charge fees. Your bank probabaly does the same thing, so get over it.