Wachovia Bank / international service fee
I was viewing my online statement today and came across a fee of $2.61 for something called "Intl Service Fee". I thought it stood for "Internal Service Fee" but when I called Wachovia Customer Service I was told it was an "International Service Fee". When I told the gal on the other end of the phone I hadn't been out of the country or bought anything overseas, she told me it's " a fee for doing a transaction out of your home state." I asked where does the international aspect of this fee come in? It turns out that a fee is attached to some transactions, in this case I had purchased a "cashiers check" for $6800 while on business out of my home state..
of course, I paid $6 or $7 for the cashier's check while at the bank.
As I travel for business across 15 states, this is totally unsatisfactory.
I asked her to rescind the lousy $2.61 but was told it can't be done so I am writing to Wachovia to express my heartfelt words of disgust at this "penny ante" way of doing business, not forgetting to mention that the $0.04 worth of interest I get on my savings each month will win me over, either..
I pulled most of my savings out a few years ago..looks like I need to complete the transaction.
More Wachovia Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - customer service banker's
- Wells Fargo - fees
- Wells Fargo - home mortgage
- Wells Fargo - bill pay
- Wells Fargo - fraud