Vonage / lied about cancelling service
I have been a Vonage customer for 5 years with 2 lines. I called to cancel my service because I am giving up my land lines. After being on hold for a while, I spent a full 5 minutes explaining why I was giving up service, and fighting off sales pitches - no I do not want a lower rate, no I do not want to give up only 1 line...
Several minutes later I received my confirmation e-mail thanking me for agreeing to continue my Vonage service:
"We're delighted that you've chosen to stay with Vonage. We're writing to confirm the terms you discussed with our Account Management representative on 04/28/2012 to continue your service on the following plan: U.S. and Canada 750. This plan is associated with the phone number(s) listed above. As discussed, you'll continue to be charged a monthly fee of $19.99 on the following plan: U.S. and Canada 750. Your next billing date is 05/05/2012.
This was all a blatant lie. So another call to "customer service", Another representative trying to change my mind. And finally an e-mail confirming cancellation. Now the wait to see if my credit card gets charged.
Vonage is not worth the aggravation.
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - Scam and fraud! 
- Vonage Home Service - Terrible customer service 
- Vonage World Calling Plan - Unlimited International = 3000 minutes 
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service 
- Vonage - Fraud 
- Vonage - Business
- Vonage - They wont please their customer
- Vonage - disconnection fee 
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - international calling
- Vonage - RIP OFF/IDENTITY THEFT