Vonage / lied about cancelling service

United States Review updated:

I have been a Vonage customer for 5 years with 2 lines. I called to cancel my service because I am giving up my land lines. After being on hold for a while, I spent a full 5 minutes explaining why I was giving up service, and fighting off sales pitches - no I do not want a lower rate, no I do not want to give up only 1 line...

Several minutes later I received my confirmation e-mail thanking me for agreeing to continue my Vonage service:

"We're delighted that you've chosen to stay with Vonage. We're writing to confirm the terms you discussed with our Account Management representative on 04/28/2012 to continue your service on the following plan: U.S. and Canada 750. This plan is associated with the phone number(s) listed above. As discussed, you'll continue to be charged a monthly fee of $19.99 on the following plan: U.S. and Canada 750. Your next billing date is 05/05/2012.

This was all a blatant lie. So another call to "customer service", Another representative trying to change my mind. And finally an e-mail confirming cancellation. Now the wait to see if my credit card gets charged.

Vonage is not worth the aggravation.

Comments

• Ir
      17th of May, 2012

The same thing happened to me, although I did not find out until three years later when I started receiving letters from a collection agency that Vonage had never cancelled my service.