Vonageno refund if cancelled during trial

I agreed to try Vonage phone service, with the understanding that if I cancelled within 30 days I wouuld receive a full refund. After serveral attemps to make the device work with Qwest DSL, I cancelled the service and sent the device back; this was 14 days after placing the order. They recived the device 8 days later, still within the 30 day trial. They charged an additional $40 for not recieiving the device. Luckily a sent the device with delivery confirmation and was able to prove when they received the device. They have now admitted to reciveing the device and state that the technicians must certify the device before a refund will be granted; Vonage does not know how long that will take.

As it stands after 21 since cancellation, they have not refunded the initial charge of $61.81 or the $39.99 for the device. I you try Vonage, be prepared for a fight to get a refund.

Jo

Comments

• Ry
      Apr 21, 2009

Yeah, I should have viewed this before I tried them. They weren't able to come up with any resolution during the 30 day trial period so I called it quits. To this day, I haven't seen any of the refund. I guess they're waiting for me to remind them. I don't think I want to listen to another agent twist my conversation into another sales opportunity. I guess I'll just save myself the trouble and chalk this one up as a lesson learned. PLEASE WARN YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT VONAGE ISN'T WORTH IT!!! There, I think that was worth the $80. Maybe.