Volaris / items stolen from luggage

Antonio Dovalí Jaime No. 70, Torre B, Piso 13, Col. Zedec Santa Fe, United States Review updated:

I flew Volaris for the first time on 12/26 from Chicago O'Hare to Mexico City. I specifically packed a carry on. I was with a friend who had to check large pieces of luggage and the "on training" man who was working the check in desk saw my 40L carryon and said there would probably not be space for my bag as I was sitting in the back of the plane. I was in row 3, which confused me, but I trusted him that I should check my bag. He asked me if there was anything I needed in or out of it. I put my Marmot down coat in my luggage. The next day I was looking for my prescription Oakley sunglasses and both those and my coat were gone. I would never have checked my bag if not prompted by the Volaris employee and hold them personally responsible for the theft.

Ri
Jan 02, 2019

Comments

•   Jan 10, 2019

The investigation of the theft is as duty of the local police office, not of the air carrier.
    You can submit the complaint to the local police office of the airport / or the state
    where the incident (allegedely theft) had taken place.

• Ho
      Jan 24, 2019

All of my underwear was stolen from my checked bag on my flight to Cancun ($140 value). My Yeti tumbler with collectors' stickers ($50 value) was stolen from my checked bag on the flight home. I will never fly with Volaris again.