Vodafone - Kolkata / Vodafone Pre-paid Sim Activation

1 India Review updated:

Hello Sir/Madam,

With great regret i wish to inform you that I am facing tremendous problems with my vodafone pre-paid connection activation and I feel that i am cheated by the company in this case. Here are the details:

Mob. No. : [protected]
Sim No. : [protected]
Date Taken : 2nd March
In the name of: Sarmistha Sengupta (My Mother)
All documents: Submitted
Amount Paid : Rs. 450
Place: Kolkata

In order to contact me, use following details:
Mob. No.: [protected]
Name: Satyajit Sengupta (son of applicant Sarmistha Sengupta)

I got the SIM(Sim No.: [protected]) from a retail shop of vodafone.

I was not using my Sim after I bought it till 16th of April. When on 16th, I tried to use my SIM, it was not connected. I got in touch with the vodafone care and they told me that I have to go and re submit my documents which I did on 18th, with the original retailer. The retailer was asking me to pay Rs. 240 more in order to get this activated. I was willing to give the photocopy of the original documents that the retailer said its with them and there is no way other than to pay Rs. 240 and get the connection. I try to convey this to vodafone care and got following replies:

1. They cant solve this problem. So i have to consider money is gone. (Exact words by executives)
2. I am un-professional for calling them over and over again in order to solve this.(Exact words by executives)
3. Customer care said there is no "Senior Manager" in there and I have to talk to them and no way out. They even disconnected my line.(Exact words by executives. Please take the evidence from your recording system)
4. I tried calling senior officials, through mobile number that i got from their website, but those were either busy or filled with messages.
5. Got in touch through e-mail without response.

In such a situation I feel i am cheated and for disrespect I have put up a complain against the organization. For your information, I lodged a complain with the consumer forum of "Goverment Of India". Following are the details:

Website URL : http://pgportal.gov.in/
Compain Number: DOTEL/E/2008/00219

I expect following things from the organization:

1. Immediate refund of money so that i can switch over to other company.
2. Compensation for disrespect shown by the customer care executives.
3. Apology for the harassments.

I have a serious patient at home and this is not the time for me to play fool with you and your esteemed organization. I will definitely raise this issue at different level so that people are aware of your services.

Please expedite on this and get back to me. This is a total case of forgery and I can go to any level to solve this.

I will wait for your kind perusal on this subject.

With Regards,

Satyajit Sengupta
(on behalf of Sarmistha Sengupta)
Mob. No.: [protected]

Comments

• Am
      20th of Jun, 2008

Hello sir/madam
    actually, 1number of your vodfone customer gave several missedcals to me &stil giving...so i am too much fed up..for thats reason sir please can you give me the personal details of this customer including name, address...customer no is...(9874335866)..please sir give the details immediately.

• Hi
      4th of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir
    I have purchased a SIM of yours of no:9874205670 before two days, but yet it is not activated by you.Please take necessary action.
    Thanks.

• Sh
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

On 15th of August - 08 I took a prepaid sim card from one of the agent of Vodafone in Kestopur area of Kolkata – 700101 and today is 22nd of August - 08 and my number is not yet activated. I have submitted all the documents as I was asked and I am facing tremendous problems in dealing with the agent and with Vodafone care also.

Details below:
    Vodafone number – 9874704177, SIM no: 6770277.

I have called up the Vodafone care on 19th of August and they told that all the documents have not yet submitted, I called up the agent and he told that because of 15th August was a holiday and 16th a Saturday and 17th is a Sunday they have submitted the documents on Monday ie. on 18th evening (Amazing!!) and may be this has not yet been audated in Vodafone's system.

I again called up the agent and then he gave me some other stories.

I have few questions to Vodafone authorities:

1) Prepaid connection means, we pay first and then we use. If this is so then whats the problem in activating a single connection.
    2) Does Vodafone have any control to their agents/retailers/DSA’s ?
    3) Regarding documentation: what are the documents need to be submitted if the customer is new to the State/City as getting a so called Ration Card is not possible and even electricity bill, water bill or even cooking gas card may not be possible immediately for a new comer to the city. I have submitted photo copies of driving licence, PAN card, my rental agreement copy (Attested by Gazetted Officer), two passport size photographs and a copy of letter from my employer in Salt Lake City.

The above documents are appreciated if the connection is a post paid but, for prepaid connection???? The reason of going for a prepaid instead of post paid is because of the documentation process which takes time to be available.

Is there any standard documentation process across the country (India) or it differs from State to State? I have never faced this problem earlier when I was in Bangalore.

Now I have decided to cancel the connection because of the above problems and there is nothing special with Vodafone. I doubt how they exist in the market in days of cut throat competition. Please let me know on priority how could I get back the entire money. I hope Vodafone will act immediately on this.

Appreciate your action towards this immediately.

Regards,
    Shantanu P.

• Sh
      2nd of Oct, 2008

To
    The zonal maneger.
    Vodafone Esser East Limited.

Sir,

I am Shyamal Shadhukhan the woner of D & S TELECOM; add-Ratneswar Ghat road, po:-Garulia.I am connecting with vodafone since 2 years.Being fully support with vodafone for progressing, our distributordon't accompanied with me for business prosess. Our Local distributer(D.D DIRTRIBUTOR) don't help me about any type of business prosess or transaction, and also dont get any easy recharge balence if nessesary. If I ask for the poster of advertisement and glow shine of vodafone, they totaly defuse. Today(01/10/08) I faced their bad behave about this matter and they locked my vodafone recharge system.
    Under this circumstenes I request you to take some immedieat stepts to solve that problem.

Thanking You.

D & S TELECOM
    Prop: Shyamal Sadhukhan.

27th of Apr, 2009

Dear sir/Madam
    I am a vodaphone user last 6month and my full family is using since long time.But now when i try to international call its always not connected n swing busy or networking problem and now its new happend come to me when i try to international call its not connected but you people autometically cut from my account.And its very expensive to cut international call charge without talkingfrom me.And so many time i call customer care..but they are always saying it will take time to update then we are sending already for veryfy.So now within 4days this problem came 3time.So i am humbled requested to you solved this problem.I thiknk your all system are not good for customer.You people are not carring for customer.So please solved this tipe of problem

Thanking you.

13th of Jul, 2009

Hello,

I am one of your subscriber. I am using vodafone connection since 2006. I really happy with this connection. But Last few days I did not connect any of your customer care excutive. so could you please let me know how can I talk with your customer care excutive. Because when I followed your instruction, I could not reach my destination.

So, please help me to solve my problem.

My number is 9836035228