Vodacom / upgrade without consent or knowledge

1 Witbank, South Africa

Account Number I[protected]
Cellular Number [protected]
Invoice Number B[protected]

I have received my Vodacom account today which informs me that I owe R 787.50 (airtime I haven't used and a handset installment where I have not received the handset) my normal monthly account is R 158.50. I contacted Vodacom (082 111) and was told that my contract has been upgraded on the 09 March 2015. I then explained that I did not nor have not upgraded the contract, I was then transferred to the UPGRADE Department who told me that I upgraded in March to which I responded I did not. I was then asked to hold while they contacted the Witbank Vodashop (which was closed) I was then asked to contact the Vodashop and to make out an affidavit to state that I did not upgrade my contract.

Again I do not understand as to why I must expend time and money providing documentation when the fault lies between your Main Office and your branch. As discussed I will not be sending through the documentation unless Vodacom provides me with an undertaking to cover my expenses.

Again Points to consider:

Upgrade was done on the 9 March 2015 in Witbank - at that time i was on my yearly holiday (5 March - 15 March) in St Michael's on the South Coast.
You would have needed a physical presence in the Vodacom Branch - Not possible due to the above information
You would have needed my physical Identity document - Not possible due to the above information
You would have needed my signature on the Upgrade Forms - Not possible because I did not sign anything and as per above information.
You would have needed a payment for the Admin Fee - Not possible due to above information, also the only transactions on my bank statements around that time are on the 9 March for the monthly debit order and 2 transactions for purchase of airtime for my prepaid numbers which was done through FNB banking.

To date the Customer Care / Fraud Department will not act without an Affidavit and copy of Identity Document, due to the problem being internally generated between Head office and Branch the solution should be rectified between Head office and Branch.

Ma