Vodacom Top Up 49 S For Rmcs / registration for service without requesting such service

1 South Africa Review updated:

Received an sms from RMCS at 11:09 today informing me that my cell phone number had been activated for the Vodacom Top Up 49 S for RMCS. As a result of this my Blackberry Internet Services stopped working. I immediately contacted Vodacom and the agent on the customer care line informed me that this was an RMCS/ Jet/ Edgars matter and gave me their call centre number. The first person I spoke to told me she would forward an urgent request to Admin to have my number deactivated. She took down all my details but when I requested a number for "Admin" I was informed that there was no number available, but only an email address. She also said someone would contact me as a matter of urgency. By 16:30 I had got tired of waiting so phoned the RMCS care centre again. This time a lady called Lindiwe answered and managed to ascertain that my number had been registered, despite the fact that I had never requested such a service, She said that someone would contact me tomorrow 27 March. However, this means that I will have to wait until then to be "deregistered" from something I never asked to be "registered for" in the first place!

Jh

Comments

• Di
      12th of May, 2013

I also have the same problem, my mother had an Account at Jet store, where by she registered my cell number for them to contact her as she did not have her own. To my surprise there is airtime loaded on my cell number that I do not know where it comes from. and my mother do not know. I just ignored it as I had never signed for any airtime . I have being trying to have this none sense making contract stop with Vodacom where I obtained RMSC number, they always told me that I need to contact Jet store and make cancellation and I told them I do not have any account with Jet and requested my mother to cancel her Account with the Store. This occurred on several times when I needed to do a Sim-Swap which I have to pay for every time my Sim is damaged or lost.But even now I still receive their airtime and I don't even know where they bill it to. For Vodacom to make the sim swap they need a letter from them which they continuously asked me to send them my ID copy to release the letter, so I did, with the thought that they will stop, seeing that my mother's account is closed. I thought I was just going to let them to send me that free airtime that neither me or my mother has signed for, but now I am so tired of the free airtime I need to buy it myself and have ownership of my number. So please assist with the contact details of the authorities who this people can listen when they are told that their free airtime is no longer needed.

• Bo
      24th of Mar, 2014

This Vodacom Top Up 49 and RMCS its just total nonsense, its inconvenient people including me...my blackberry hasn't been working since Thursday and when i call the RMCS they are saying i have to wait for a call from the agent to de-register my number. I will take further actions if the agent does not call me today, because these contracts are unauthorised

15th of Jul, 2014

I also have a problem where by i called vodacom to lock my sim card because my phone was lost. Wen i bought a new sim card they couldnt help me with sim swap they gave gave me ur numbers. Ive been calling for almost a month now and my airtime is gone. Can u please assist me because i cannot use my cellphone and i did internet banking using the sim card so life is difficult

30th of Dec, 2014

SOMEONE CALLED ME AND OFFERED ME R49 airtime since then i couldn't bbm or have internet because of this please now i beg sort this out before i use my legal team to force you

• Ru
      3rd of Mar, 2015

I too have had tame same issues with my cell phone. I have never authorised them to convert my number from prepaid to contract. No one at the company returns your calls. To date its been a week and no one has returned my call let alone convert my number back to what it was. I am infuriate as I did not make such a request.
    PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AS A MATTER OF URGENCY.

R Mahomed

• Ai
      19th of Jun, 2015

I'm appalled that this RMCS thing even still exists. I called 2 days ago as my BIS sunddenly stopped working and I found out my number had been changed to contract without any warning. I called again today and the guy says to me where's my reference number while i kept saying no one gave me a reference number. He also lied that someone tried to call me the first day I called in. Pulled my call record and proved to myself that I was right and no one had called. Does Admin even exist. This service needs to be stopped.

• Gu
      4th of Jul, 2015

Please close this scam someone not only are they liars they unlawfully upgraded my prepaid line to a contract without my consent, I have sent emails called them numerous times and complained on Hello Peter there is a lady called Ruth who responds and lies that they called you when they didn't crappy company full of thieves and incompetent call centre agents with no manners or communication skills will just cancel my Edcon account they are the ones who are giving these crooks our details. worst service ever!!!

14th of Jul, 2015

I was also given this top up without my consent. Tried to do a sim swap last night just to be told by vodacom that the number I thought was prepaid is now a contract number. I need to go back to prepaid. I do not know where they got my details from as the last time I had an Edgars account was about 20 years ago and the phone with the number that I am currently using was purchased at another store (non of Edcons stores). This is fustrating as I need to do the swap

• Ze
      28th of Oct, 2015

Do these people ever respond to our quires! i have the sam problem. They are deducting r25 on monthly basis from my jet account for cell c airtime subscription i never signed for! bear in mind that i don't even use cell c number. Secondly, i am using prepaid for vodacom but when i called the customer care to en quire about my points, i was told that i am on contract! contract i never signed for! this is just disgusting to learn that these people do this to us without any consent!

• Pe
      30th of May, 2016

The same happened to me since 03/15.Now my airtime and data disappear I stopped it for the 6time today - now I'm taking Legal Action against Edcon.

• Cr
      20th of Jun, 2016

these people how do you put my number on contract? please remove my number

• Mo
      9th of Sep, 2016

Please provide as much information as possible...hi I have same problem with this rmcs, in 2006 I phoned by the guy that he want to top up with airtime of 49 rands every month I refused, so wht happened every month they top up with airtime I tried to call them but I fail to cansel this, now I want to do sim swarp, vodacom cant help me they said I have to consult rmcs, the phone rings no one answear the phone, Im sick nd tired for this matter my phone was prepared, now is contract of which I didnt sign for, so now Im stress.

• Mm
      5th of Jan, 2018

I really thought I was the only one with this problem. Apparently I owe these fake people R4000 after recieving their airtime for 3 months. My biggest concern is that vodacom know about these people yet they allow them to have access to our simcards.The best way is to leave vodacom service, it's very obvious that nobody is willing to help or take control. This is pure [censor]!!

• Sh
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Retail Mobile Credit Specialists [RMCS] - Cancellation of service
    South Africa

Please convert my number back to prepaid as it was before. I have calling an emailing your offices and not getting any feedback - [email protected] - 071 827 6334

• Co
      23rd of Jan, 2019

I have been calling your line but no one’s picking up I’ve been asking you guys to cancel my contract but there’s no luck and now i lost my simcard and wen i try to do a sim swap they tell me that i need a letter from you wich you promised to send within 24hrs to my personal email you haven’t done that also..this RMCS it just a nightmare