[Resolved] VitalCheck / paid but got no certificate

Shame on me for not checking on this site first. I sent for my son's birth certificate for passport reasons and also paid for "expedited services". I also got the e-mail saying all was confirmed, etc...this was June 16th...still nothing from them. Thanks to all for the phone #'s...the one I got [protected]) got NO connection, just a tone and then a disconnect. I finally got an e-mail through, but don't remember how and now really don't expect any response. I'll NEVER recommend them and would just like to get my kid's certificate in time to get the passport.

• Resolution statement

• VitalChek Network Customer Care's Response, Aug 19, 2009

VitalChek would be happy to help with any outstanding orders or other related issues. Please contact us at 800-255-2414, Mon-Fri between the hours of 7am to 7pm, CST.

• VitalChek Network Customer Care's Response, Feb 15, 2011

VitalChek Customers,

If you have any difficulties with an order you have placed, please give me a call directly at 800-669-8313 Ext: 6879. I'm sure I can help with any issues.

David Butler
    VitalChek Network, Inc.

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Aug, 2009

Spent close to 100 dollars on birth certificates from them... which I never recieved. Can't figure out what to do about it.

• Mi
      13th of Aug, 2009

Ordered 6 copies of my daughters birth certificate.
    They never came, They said they sent them.
    Its been 5 months. We were charged close to 100 dollars.

Also been on hold for half an hour here trying to talk to them.

• Ev
      14th of Sep, 2009

Requested Evan Marsh by fax on8/27/2009
    I have not received as of yet, please give status.
    [email protected]

• Ad
      24th of Sep, 2009
    Vital Chek - NO service
    Vital Chek

Took 8 weeks to get a birth certifacte from Japan. Called Vital Chek day before it came, they gave me the state department number because it was in there hands. Vital Chek had no UPS tracking number so they could not do anything.
    Next day 9-23 received certicate via UPS. Called Vitachek 9-24 to see what thye would say. She could not find any info under my number, finally found under my name. She then told me my order was in process. Date on UPS order was 7-29-09. Asked her why that date was on the slip. She told me to call UPS and ask them. Told her to call. She looked it up and then told me it was delivered on 9-23. No [email protected]#% Sherlock.
    I called my senator on 9-22. Now I am wondering if he is the reason I received this.
    Stay away from this cmpany.

14th of Nov, 2009

Ordered 1 copy of my birth certificate 2 months ago and I still do not have it. I was told it was in the mail 2 weeks ago .

15th of Nov, 2009

Paid 48 dollars for a birth certificate on
    the vitalchek web site.Used a paid for
    visa card issued by Walmart a few hours
    ago.

After reading these complanits
    I went back to Walmart and purchased
    a few items got 40 back in cash and
    made my card have $0.00 dollars

• Pc
      16th of Jan, 2010

No trouble with VitalCheck. I have ordered birth certificates for self & 2 kids online. Expedited order each time. Last one came in 3 days. Contacted them by phone - no trouble - talked to customer service lady. The best way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

• Cw
      27th of Jan, 2010

My daughter is a college student. She requested a copy of her birth certificate and was charged $40. for expedited delivery. It has been several months since she first placed her order. She did receive some kind of an update saying that she would need a judge's signature of her identiy verification scanned back to them. How crazy is that?

• Pe
      10th of Feb, 2010

I called Vital Chek originally and was told of the cost of obtaining 2 birth records, one from New Hampshire the other from New York City . They wanted to charge me over $60 dollars for the NH record to expedite my record to me. I asked them how long this will take and they told me 3-5 days excluding weekends and holidays. For $60 dollars I was thinking they would ship it to me overnight. Not so!
    I called New Hampshire direct; obtained their address and the information I would need to send them. I promptly mailed them my check for $12.00 not the $60. VitalChek wanted to charge me.
    Fact: New Hampshire processes their requests normally the same day they receive them. They apparently are automated unlike many states. Four (4) days after I mailed out my request I received my certified copy of my Birth record. That is less than or equal to the time line VitalChek told me but $48.00 less expensive. .
    New York City was an altogether story. Vital Ckeck wanted over $100. Dollars for this request, they had no idea how long it would take for that price. They told me they (vitalCheck) were the only game in town for processing requests. Also no so!
    Well, I call NYC hoping I would receive the same level of customer service I received in New Hampshire. Also; Not So!! I talked with multiple NYC Staff because either they don’t understand English or had no skills with transferring my call to some that could help. I sent off my request as they instructed me and now I’m playing the waiting game. It’s now been 3 Months!! I called back to NYC too inquire about my request and was informed I would need to wait a little longer. Maybe an additional month or so.
    So, as I wait for my wife’s birth record from NYC so we can go on a vacation all I have to say is this:
    Screw Vital Check; Screw New York City and the non-English speaking staff for their lack of performance and customer skills and GOD BLESS NEW HAMPSHIRE! Other States could learn a little if they only asked New Hampshire how they do it.
    Peace

• 00
      25th of Feb, 2010

VitalCheck is a scam...they can't get you a certificate faster than the county clerk, just more expensive. Expect to get charged fees even when you cancel your order and don't complete it.

• Vi
      24th of Mar, 2010

I ordered my daughter's birth certificate via VitalChek. i recieved the certificate in 2 weeks when on the website said a few day which is why i used them. a few days after I recieved the certificate I was charged an additional $22.50 for something unknwn. I tried calling serveral numbers to contact them to no avail. i got a number on a website of theirs and some one from a medical billings office answered the phone. What ripp off. the lady from the medical billings office didnt even know anything about Vital check. any one readin this please donot use Vital Chek they are fake.

7th of Jun, 2010

i ordered a copy of my birth certificate on vital cheks web site 3 mounths ago, paid like 26 dollars. all the cheeks in the box were green and it said i would recive my copy in 2 to 4 weeks. well its been 3 mounths and i recived nothing. went back on there web site, put my order num: in and it said that due to security reason after so much time they take it off the web site, but if i had any question to call this number. 1-866-561-1694. well i called that num and was but on hold for 45 minutes, after which it rang for about 3 rings then it kick me back to their main menu, which of course starts you all over again. then people want to know why there are many lil lawsuits in this country. well ill tell you because of companys like these. im a poor person, who works hard for the little bit i earn, and to have a company who is connected to a state agencie get away with such lousy bussness, and such poor costermer service when dealing with such inportent matters is a disgrace.
    imagine if they did this same thing 1000 times a day for 30 days how much it would amount to in there gain? dont really mind losing 26 dollars. but i really hate poor custermer service, im not a smart man, but i think its stinks to high hell. so vital chek if you are reading this and want a positive respones from people in the future, and because i cant get threw to you maybe you can get back at me, at my [email protected] by the way there is no waiting time at my email, and ill never put you on hold, and you will get a rapid response. have a lousy day

7th of Jun, 2010

tryed another num#i-800-255-2414, well it gave me optoins to click on 2, 3, 4, well i did and they all went to a dead line, so to all the folks out there. learn a lessonwhen dealing with a company like vitalchek, always check there ratings, and comments that are posted like people like me.

• Du
      16th of Jun, 2010

Now a LexusNexus company ... but still a tremendous phone maze to get anything handled. They tell us it will be over half an hour ... conveniently taking them to closing time.

You have to listen closely to the menu to keep pressing buttons to say you want to stay on, or they kick you off.

Oh my story? Ordered birth certificate and decided to change from non notarized to notarized. According to them, not sending in forms would cancel order in 7 days. Unfortunately they charged my card AND canceled the order so I cannot get anywhere in their system and calling in is a nightmare ...

• Na
      27th of Jun, 2010

I was told on the web sight that my order would be processed and I would receive my birth certificate in 10 to 14 days that was 19 days ago. Tried to go on line and check my order status with the order number I was given. I tells me what day I placed the order and what day my account was charged. Other wise it explains absolutely nothing about the status of my order. They keep you on hold forever when you attempt to call in. I have also e-mailed them and I have heard nothing. I am in the process of documentation and I am planning on taking this to the states attorney generals office. In the mean time I am going to travel back home and get my certificate from the dept. of statistics.

• Sm
      28th of Jun, 2010

I ordered death certificates for my parents (2) for purposes of applying to a heritage organization and faxed them the required information with my ID. I keep getting emails from them "need more info" and a place to click on the email takes me to a question form. ASK WHAT? where are my certificates?? I went thru them to get my father's birth certificate which came online- I had to go to a web page for the certificate and print it out! And I paid for that?!

1st of Jul, 2010

This is a total rip-off. Never got my certificate. Several emails not returned. Some phone calls disconnect after waiting forever (45 minutes the last time), other just say call back some other time. NO customer service, even if you call the optional number someone else listed here. NEVER USE THIS SCAM ARTISTS!!!

• Mz
      27th of Jul, 2010

I wish that i had read these complaints ahead of time. Waiting to get married and the wedding is almost 2 weeks away at this time. My husband to be does not have a copy of his birth certificate and we have been waiting as the day is nearing. I see my card had been charged. Trying not to become a Bridezilla!!!

• Pd
      2nd of Sep, 2010

buyer beware -- over 3 weeks - no certificate -- status order says bank declined payment, yet i have never had a problem with my bank for 15 years. called 3 different vital chek numbers -- all of them run you in circles, and no one answers for over an hour. i just lost my job as a result of not being able to obtain this certificate. thank you vital chek. people, ...stay away from them (owned by lexus-nexus, btw)

• Jd
      6th of Sep, 2010
    Vital Chek - They Abuse Their Authority
    Vital Chek
    no info
    not sure
    Phone: questionable
    vitalchek.com

09-06-10 Vital Chek hasn't changed very much over the past 5 years and yet the Great Commonwealth of Virginia still using Vital Chek as their online servicer to obtain Vital Records from the Commonwealth of Virginia on the Officical Website of the Great Commonwealth of Virginia!

Five year ago I tried tried Vital Chek and did not get my info I requested in a timely manner, I drove from FL to VA to go to the Department of Vital Records to get my birth certificate in person. The Commonwealth of Virginia still has Vital Chek's link on the website to obtain certified copies of birth certificates. And VITAL CHEK still doesn't work. After jumping through all the hoops, the end page said there was an error during processing, and they did not say what it was, nor was an order # attached to their reply. Thus, I cannot submit a written ticket to their Suppport Dept.

It is amazing they have no problem telling you what the fee is AFTER you have submitted your info, they claim they cannot just give you a figure until you give them your life story. Which makes no sense, they know how much Virginia charges for certified copies, they know how much they charge to handle the process of the transaction and they know how much the UPS shipping will be, Vital Chek could simply list what the latest information is and then say the cosmic "figures and amounts are subject to change according to shipping and fees".

However, and this may come in handy for anyone who might need it, on the Commonwealth of Virginia's Official Website they list a phone number for Vital Chek 877-572-6333 I called it and the voice message indicates it is Vital Chek. The call didn't go through, since it is Labor Day and I imagine they take the same holidays as the States since they don't have access to their offices on holidays. Hope the phone number helps. Yes, my next correspondence will be to the Great Commonwealth of Virginia.

JD