Vistaprint Rewards / Charged for a service I was not notified of and didn't want AFTER I had asked for it to be cancelled

I ordered the free business cards from Vista Print on a credit card. I did not object to the processing fees. However, they automatically enrolled me in Vista Print rewards and charged me 17.95 a month, without my knowledge or consent. I did not see this listed anywhere on the site or in any paperwork I received with the cards, and I did check. I did not discover these charges until about a year later. At that time, I called and asked for my account to be cancelled. They charged me AGAIN the following month. I will not order cards from them again or use any of their services and I strongly advise others to go to their local print shop instead.

Va

Comments

• Lo
      17th of Nov, 2008

I have had the same problem, how can I get my money back? This is NOT right

• Jj
      19th of Nov, 2008

I have had the same experience with VistaPrint Rewards, being charged for something I did not authorize. This is a major scam. (See the many complaints posted if you do a search for Vista Print). The game is similar to your getting a check in the mail that signs you up for some other scam if you cash it. Try calling 888-243-6185 and insisting on a refund. I talked with a "supervisor" and got a mailing address for VistaPrint Rewards, 9500 W. Dodge Rd, Omaha, NE, 68114, attn: Customer Relations. I don't know if this works as it is too early to tell if the charges will be removed. They are pretty polished and seem well trained to handle this sort of complaint, so they must be doing a big business. Good Luck.

• De
      24th of Nov, 2008

The same exact thing has happened to me as well. I called about 3 or 4 weeks ago and they said that they would cancel my membership and refund my money. It never happened. I just called again and the woman who talked with me gave me her employee ID # and promised to send me an email confirmation. She also said that my money would be refunded into my account within 48 hours. We shall see...

• Tr
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Yes, the same thing just happened to us. My wife ordered some new business cards from them on March 22nd and today we found a charge from them on our account for Vista Print Rewards which we never signed up for or wanted. Supposedly they have cancelled the account for us and they say we will get our $14.95 back in the next 2 or 3 days. We'll see.

• Ru
      5th of May, 2009

In the same boat as above. Have to "swim" like crazy in a tank of pirhannas to try and get any money back. Ought to be a law against this kind of shananigans. One thing when you can read about results of accepting free offers that they sign you up, but in this case it was well camoflauged.

• Sh
      8th of May, 2009

Yes, the same just happened to me this week. I did not order anythingexcept I ordered business cards about three months or more ago. Now they debited my credit card for $14.95. I agree this is a scam. I called the 888-243-6185 and did not get ahold of anybody!!!
    I will go to my bank and file a complaint and they will file a dispute and I feel that Vista will probably want to c0-operate as I will also file with the Better Better Business Bureau!! This is totaly inappropiate and disgusting! You do not dare do anything over the internet, I am finding!! Such a shame that they feel they have to stoop that low to rip off the public! Yes, I will not do business with them again either on the net or store!

• Sh
      8th of May, 2009

Hi, it is me again. I just got finished reporting them to Consumer Affairs, to their attorneys. I sincerely hope they at least get ahold of Vista and lets them know they can not treat people this way.

31st of May, 2009

I just realized I was also bamboozled. I am so mad. We have been charged for 15 mos and I never noticed because my husband pays our credit card online and we have paperless account. OH NO.
    I plan on calling vista tomorrow but I am really concerned that none of our money will be refunded for this program that I never used and didnt even know I was signed up for.
    I hate vista now and will never use them again. I want to cancel my acct. altogether with them so they dont have my credit card info but of course I cant find any info on how to do that either.

• Va
      14th of Jul, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me, difference is I was charged a $14.99 amount a month for 5 months. Just enough for them to make money and small enough not to catch it for a while. I called the number on my bank statement and demanded they cancel "my membership" and refund all of it to my card. They put me on hold, indefinitely. So I called my bank and had them reverse the charges. I also emailed Vista Print and let them know I did not appreciate this and would be taking my business elsewhere.
    I called the number they gave me and again got this rewards center. This time they refunded my money.
    Seems that the number Vista handed out and the one on my bank statement were 2 different depts. One that is meant to leave you hanging in phone cyber space and one that is supposed to refund money because you are making too much noise!
    Please, if someone knows a good, affordable alternative to VP, email me and let me know. I dont want to give Vista another dime of my money!

• Ac
      12th of Aug, 2009

I was on vistaprint and I almost signed up for that rewards program, I guess its a good thing I read the information before I signed up for that $10.00 cash back. I am not condoning the program because I really don't like the practice but a lot of people do not read when they are online shopping or when they see free money so it is easy to be caught by these things. My friend singed on to it and he got his money back within about 7 days. I think vistaprint is overall a good company I will continue using them I will just read the information before selecting anything.

• On
      9th of Oct, 2009

I too was ripped off from them. I could not figure out the charge on my statement and here it was VistaPrint Rewards. I canceled, so we shall see. It's a shame, I really liked Vista Print.

• Kr
      12th of Nov, 2009

Same here. This afternoon my husband called me and asked what VP Club Us is on our account and why they took out 20.99 today. I had no clue so we looked up the phone number and it was Vista Print rewards. Then I see the page of scams and thought no way.. So I called and cancelled my account and was told I have been signed up since 8/07. I spoke with a rep and received her ID number and told her that I wanted the money put back in the account and that I know it is a scam. She told me that she would credit this months back. I told her that I noticed on the voicemail that I had been a member since 8/07 and had never signed up for this and if charges had been taken out every month. She said yes. I SAID WHAT THE HELL! I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK NOW!!! So she said that I would be credited back and gave me the numbers of the money that had been taken out over the years. it started out at $14 and the next year was $17 and this year it is $20. After I added it all up it is almost $500 yes you have that right $500 taken out of my account. Just enough each month to not be suspicious. This should be back to our account by Thur if not I will call back and threaten with a law suit. BEWARE!!

• Su
      3rd of Jan, 2012

I was also enrolled, without my knowledge, into the VIsta Rewards Program back in April of 2009, after ordering from Vista. Shame on me for not noticing it until just this month. After research, I realize that I have been charged a total of $590 over the past 2.5 years. Irate is not even the word for how I felt. I got on the phone and escalated the call to a supervisor (not easy) and let her know how mad I was. I told her that I knew full well I had been scammed and had a fit on her. In the end, she told me I would be credited every penny since 4/09 and it would be done in the next 3 days. She gave me a confirmation number for the credit. I will be checking to make sure it goes through and will check back into this comment page if it does not. If you push hard enough, they will do what you ask. SCAM ARTISTS for sure.