Vistaprint / Domain Name Stolen

1 Newport News, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757=833-0765

I ordered business cards through Vistaprint and signed up for the free 30 day trial for their website. I pulled up the page to try it and typed in the domain name I was going to register with go daddy and had not gotten to do it yet. So I put it on my page I was trying to create. The site said congratulations, your domain is registered. Looking at the page, I decided I did not like it-it was too generic for my business. I called Vista print to cancel the website. They said ok, but the domain name is theirs. IThis was only an hour since I set it up. I said no its not, I paid for an LLC under that name it belongs to me. You are stealing. After talking to 3 supervisors I have gotten no where.

Help anyone!! What can I do? They've stolen my business name!

Te

Comments

4th of Oct, 2013

The same exact thing has happened to me. I own Christ Charms LLC and Christcharms.com a religious goods store. I wanted to switch to go daddy because i can publish from adobe muse to go daddy and could not on vista print. I made it incredibly clear that the domain stays in my name i just wanted to host on go daddy. They changed the contact information so its not in my name and now it might be delayed 60 days because the information has changed. This is incredibly irritating because i put countless hours into designing a new website and I had an arrangement with a local church and multiple charities to help the community. Vista Print has robbed the Community of Lansing MI, and has taken away my credibility with the catholic church because now all the hours and time I put into building something great for the community was stolen from me. Please let me know what happens with your situation.

5th of Oct, 2013

Ignore my other comment for the moment. I found out there is a 60 day wait period on domain transfers for new domains and in my case it has been 60 days for the last few hours so I will wait 1 day and try again. This is my first domain transfer and it is very confusing but the tech support at godaddy.com is amazing and has helped me understand how it works. Vista print has everything but the admin email in their name and I had to go in and change the admin email through a third party link sent from vista print. Vista Print tech support is practically worthless regardless of the outcome. I will update the situation tomorrow.